35L or Sigma?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needed +4 MA. Looks canny sharp in camera but haven't viewed the snapshots in LR yet

that's canny extreme - how did you know you were getting it right without looking at the 1:1 RAW? even oof images look tak sharpe on my LCD..:)

that's canny extreme - how did you know you were getting it right without looking at the 1:1 RAW? even oof images look tak sharpe on my LCD..:)

Using the dot tune method. You don't actually take a pic.

You set up a target, position your camera x50 time focal length away (1.75m for a 35mm) get focus then switch to manual. Your camera will have MA tolerances of -20 to +20. You need to find the range within that, that your camera will still give a constant green focus dot. For my siggy it was -3 to +11, you then set it to the middle f that. Hence +4.

Works like

Using the dot tune method. You don't actually take a pic.

You set up a target, position your camera x50 time focal length away (1.75m for a 35mm) get focus then switch to manual. Your camera will have MA tolerances of -20 to +20. You need to find the range within that, that your camera will still give a constant green focus dot. For my siggy it was -3 to +11, you then set it to the middle f that. Hence +4.

Works like

Not gonna bother doing mine.

Not gonna bother doing mine.
only takes 5 minutes. Gonna do my 85mm next for peace of mind but I already find that sharp as owt.

Seems like it needs -8 now!! Hmmmm gonna use it tomorrow but might go back if it doesn't sort itself out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back