35L or Sigma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oROSSo

Striker
Staff member
Wise SMBers, which would you buy with your not so hard earned money?

Seems sigma has very much put the cat amongst the pigeons.

135L silly billy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went for the Sigma,

Price swung it for me. Sketchy, I'll give you an update once i've got it.

yer, 35/85mm combo is meant to be perfect for weddings......which this will be getting used at

I read those reviews and this seems like an excellent choice marra :cool: had a look at some sample images an'arl and it is unreal!

I'll be bringing the bairns over soon, would be good to take some images taken with it :cool:

I read those reviews and this seems like an excellent choice marra :cool: had a look at some sample images an'arl and it is unreal!

I'll be bringing the bairns over soon, would be good to take some images taken with it :cool:
wey aye marra.

Just hope i get a decent copy which doesn't need MA'ing although I'll probably do it for peace of mind anyway!

wey aye marra.

Just hope i get a decent copy which doesn't need MA'ing although I'll probably do it for peace of mind anyway!

when you're spending that kinda money marra you want it to be spot on!

Come on then geek squad, what is MAing and when does one do it?
Manual alterations? :)

Last edited:
yer, 35/85mm combo is meant to be perfect for weddings......which this will be getting used at

Hmm not sure really... I like my 200mm zoom for the candid shots and think only being able to get to 85mm (especially on full frame) would be quite restrictive?

just stumbled across this:

http://www.carterhewson.com/photography/best-lenses-for-wedding-photography/

guess its completely down to your style. As you say, a 200mm would allow to to fade away into the background more.

seems the sigma is rather sharp on a FF:

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/sigma-35mm-f1-4-dg-hsm/4

:-D

I guess to the experienced pro primes can do everything they need... maybe I'll switch over one day? For now I need the zoom capabilities as I'm still working things out as I go along.

So are you planning on shooting some weddings then, or is this just for a mate's wedding or family member?

I guess to the experienced pro primes can do everything they need... maybe I'll switch over one day? For now I need the zoom capabilities as I'm still working things out as I go along.

So are you planning on shooting some weddings then, or is this just for a mate's wedding or family member?

Ayesane is shooting one of his mates weddings and a said he could borrow my gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back