35 years ago today

I watched it all until I had to go and do my part-time evening bar job. My Dad recorded the whole lot for me on VHS and cassette and still have those somewhere or other.
After the bar closed I went round my mates house and watched the American stuff and sat watching Zeppelin live in awe. It wasn`t until I watched it back in the cold light of day that I realised what a woeful performance they did.

Best bands for me were Queen (obviously), a great opening by Quo, Ultravox and Bowie all stood out. Enjoyed the Boomtown Rats too .Thought U2 dragged on far too long and Bono acted like a pillock. Duran Duran and Power Station in America were good too. I wasn`t impressed at all with Bob Dylan, Keef `n` Ronnie at the end.

I`ve watched a few performances since then that I didn`t see at the time of Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and Four Tops that I enjoyed too.
U2 nearly split after live aid as the band were furious that bono dragged out Bad which meant they didn’t get to play their 3rd song.

That performance cemented them as an arena band and right for the American market.

They never looked back.

I watched it all until I had to go and do my part-time evening bar job. My Dad recorded the whole lot for me on VHS and cassette and still have those somewhere or other.
After the bar closed I went round my mates house and watched the American stuff and sat watching Zeppelin live in awe. It wasn`t until I watched it back in the cold light of day that I realised what a woeful performance they did.

Best bands for me were Queen (obviously), a great opening by Quo, Ultravox and Bowie all stood out. Enjoyed the Boomtown Rats too .Thought U2 dragged on far too long and Bono acted like a pillock. Duran Duran and Power Station in America were good too. I wasn`t impressed at all with Bob Dylan, Keef `n` Ronnie at the end.

I`ve watched a few performances since then that I didn`t see at the time of Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and Four Tops that I enjoyed too.
After watching it back U2 were the stand out act.

Played outdoor tennis at whats now the Silky Puma Centre (maybe not called that anymore)

Bit odd cos i was a music fan then and particularly Queen, but on the day, didn't watch any of Live Aid, and still haven't seen most of the performances

Where were you?

I was sitting on my patio with a beer watching Live Aid
Sunbathing. Watching the concert. Then to a party.
I left my baby son with a babysitter ( my brother) for the very first time that night. Somehow, he got locked out. Leaving a three month old on his own. He had to climb a gate to get to the back of the property and then scramble up to a first floor window to climb in. Luckily I was unaware of this fiasco till all was fine and dandy.

Watched it from the beginning but after about 3pm just dipped in and out. There were some decent bits but also a load of crap and the technical problems were a regular feature.

There was a decent documentary on about it the other night.

Back