34 killed in a knife & gun attack at a nursery in Thailand

Worrying gun problems there by the look of things. Former police or army culprits too.

Untreated drugs and mental health problems combined with easily available guns has been a problem for decades. Mass shootings like this were a rarity though, but maybe only due to the lack of more sophisticated weaponry.

The 'Land Of Smiles' has always had a dark side, and many a drunken argument or card game has been settled with a bullet.

That’s the problem sat working with the news on in the background.

I’m going to try and go cold turkey on news for a couple of weeks.
I’ve just had a look on Twitter, a video of what looks like the parents all outside of the nursery’s obviously in bits and blurred pictures of the victims. That’s enough for me.

Oh fuck that's horrendous. Those poor kids. Imagine how scared they would have been before being killed.
Must have been one utterly fucked up individual.

I suspect some if the
I’ve just had a look on Twitter, a video of what looks like the parents all outside of the nursery’s obviously in bits and blurred pictures of the victims. That’s enough for me.

I suspect some of the Thai press won't bother with the blurring. They love a bit of blood and gore. No nipples though.

Probably get hammered for posting this but.....

From the English version of Thairath's web page. Looks like the initial reports about the culprit were incorrect:

"But fortunately, the mags ran out of ammunition and ran away."

I love in Thailand. It's heartbreaking and brings back memories of the tragedy in Dunblane, Scotland around 1996.

The last mass shooting was two years ago when a rogue soldier killed 29 people in a shopping mall in Korat, about 4 hours from Bangkok.

Thailand is a good place for a holiday, but don't visit with a Billy Big Boots attitude.

Thais lose face easily and crack under pressure. What would usually end up as a fight with fists in the UK more often ends up with someone pulling out a gun in Thailand.

A lot of violent crime here never makes the English press.

Back