31 years ago, Marco scores a hat-trick at home to Ipswich

Thing i always remember about that game was Ipswich had the first Russian to play in England that game??
Baltacha was Ukrainian but did play for Russia or USSR as it was, Marco absolutely rinsed him on one of his goals.

His daughter was Elena the pro tennis player who died from cancer a few years back, was only about 30

My favourite ever Sunderland player, been a supporter since 72-73 .
Marco came when were at an all time low( other than now) and lit the place up, so exciting and never a lost cause. Loved the home shirts during that period.

Weird how that always stuck in my memory about that game.
Yeah you get things like that, I can remember odd things from games 30 odd years ago but can’t remember what I had for tea last night. I think there was pretty big noise about him as he had 50 caps, was absolutely shocking and went to a club north of the border pretty quickly

Yeah you get things like that, I can remember odd things from games 30 odd years ago but can’t remember what I had for tea last night. I think there was pretty big noise about him as he had 50 caps, was absolutely shocking and went to a club north of the border pretty quickly
Yeah he got a massive build to the game...and was shite :lol:

For a while yes, towards the fag end of Bulls career .. The only goals Bull scored in the top flight were for Albion. :lol:

bet you must have gloated when they kept blowing promotion with good teams, miserable mark mcgee

i do remember richard sneekes being good in the highlights, feel like west brom were more similar to us

..... and gets sent off just after scoring his third from the penalty spot in a convincing 4-1 win at Roker Park.

The incident can be seen just about to happen on the footage!

Whatever you think of him as a pundit, he was great for us on the pitch.

what a f***ing shit trophy for winning the league man 🤣🤣🤣

Back