31 years ago, Marco scores a hat-trick at home to Ipswich

I can still hear the clatter of the seats when people stood up when he got the ball
Ahhhhhh yes.... blimey, I'd forgotten all about that noise.
Loved watching that video. Many thanks to the OP for sharing it. I was at all of those home games and some of the away games. Marco was very fast but it was the explosive acceleration from a standing start that allowed him to pull away from defenders. Unplayable at times. Gatesy's 1-2s mind..... he was class too.

Thought it was just the 1 in a 2-0 win, great chest control and shot from outside the box at the Rangers end.

As for Marco, he was electric in full flow, G force only second to Quincy and SKP in my time

It was, Chris Waddle got the other one.

Was up there, always a giggle putting that lot in their place..........

probably the first time I ever chose not to go to a match - a woman ( a whole3 years older than me ) at work had made it known I was in for a treat if I invited her over to mine.. this was the only day she could make

sorry Marco but it was worth it

Always look back on Marco's time as most exciting watching SAFC, the buzz when he burst through was tangible, speed ,power,seeing defenders back off then get rinsed,
Best player in our history, clearly not , but most definitely the player who gave me that feeling of anticipation on the way to the game ,never shouted go-onnnnnnn as loud when he got the ball for any player before or since.Thanks Marco

used to dream of a gabbiadini and steve bull strike duo for us

but have a feeling andy mutch was similar to gates and they worked as a pair well

@Boinger were wba and wolves same division in the steve bull era

For a while yes, towards the fag end of Bulls career .. The only goals Bull scored in the top flight were for Albion. :lol:

Must have been Easter weekend as I was away playing in the Canary Cup in Norwich. Newcastle were playing Norwich on the Saturday afternoon so we had to go and watch it.

They won 2-0, but still ended up going down!

Steve bull was a great player i think he scored over 50 goals one season for wolves. Could easily have played at much higher level

Back