[2nd Test] England v Pakistan (Rose Bowl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s all a timing issue with that kind of stance. Barnett used to do this but at test level I don’t think it’s worked in the long term

a slight delay of a step, lays him wide open for a lbw. Steve Smith walks into his shots but not at the angle this lad tried

Light's pretty grim this morning. Nearly 8am and vehicles driving about and still have their lights on.
Light's pretty grim this morning. Nearly 8am and vehicles driving about and still have their lights on.

Edit. Rain of biblical proportions coming down now. If there's any play today I'll eat my Durham CCC cap.

Last edited:
It’s absolutely crazy. Surely all the rationale is having a still head. This can’t give you that
He has clearly scored runs so must work for him to an extent but I will be amazed if he can score runs in England at this level with the ball moving around.

Edit. Rain of biblical proportions coming down now. If there's any play today I'll eat my Durham CCC cap.
Beyond frustrating the timing of this game, another good day of no rain in Manchester today. Couldn't write it :lol:

Last edited:
Dunno why they cannit play with a pink ball tbh.

I'm about 10 miles away and never had a drop of rain and the light's been fine all day. It's like living in a sauna though atm.

I’m not a fan of them pink balls mind, they’re not the same quality as a red dukes ball and I don’t think you can start a game with a red one and then change to a pink one halfway through an innings.

I despair with cricket at times. rained off at present, play to start at 12.30, then lunch at 1.30pm...………. just take lunch now ffs

Yea they just never help themselves. Just have two longer sessions and move the timings around for tea, etc. They should give the umpires more freedom and their mandate should be to just play as many overs each day as possible, instead of setting rules which become arbitrary in a pursuit for fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back