2nd Test - England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
moores like pardew likes to thank himself on doing the job. the man is a cracking county level coach, but as previously, does not have the nous at top level. we have had to sub continent seam attacks, easily out bowl england at home.

I've never known it this bad for a long time.

However Cook and Moores seem to think they can dig their way out of it.

what pitch can be prepared for the ageas bowl? seamers being out bowled, spin, no chance, so that probably means, the flatest pitch of all time

I've never known it this bad for a long time.

However Cook and Moores seem to think they can dig their way out of it.

From where I don't know, I just see a team that is bereft of leadership on the pitch most of the time. Even if Cook makes a score in Southampton, it won't solve his problems, he's just not cutting it as a Captain.

Brilliant analysis from Boycott "
Geoffrey Boycott, Ex-England batsman on BBC Test Match Special
"Only Alastair Cook, his wife and family want him to remain as captain - nobody else. He's being stubborn and it's going to take six wild stallions to drag him out of that job. It's not about Alastair's feelings, it's about the England cricket team. He sees it as a sign of weakness to give it up. It's not - it's a sign of strength. He thinks it's all going to come right when he scores some runs. It's not."

Brilliant analysis from Boycott "
Geoffrey Boycott, Ex-England batsman on BBC Test Match Special
"Only Alastair Cook, his wife and family want him to remain as captain - nobody else. He's being stubborn and it's going to take six wild stallions to drag him out of that job. It's not about Alastair's feelings, it's about the England cricket team. He sees it as a sign of weakness to give it up. It's not - it's a sign of strength. He thinks it's all going to come right when he scores some runs. It's not."

India being 1 up will be more than happy.
does not matter what pitch is prepared as over the last 12 months, the last five batsmen in the oppisition have at least doubled the score of the oppos top order. as soon as we get a team five or six down, we revert to bowling short with no third man or anyone square. so we have ball after ball, going down for four intead of one. we could have saved imo at least 50 plus runs at lords with a 3 rd man

England were never above evens today on the exchanges. Closed down the pages now but I think 1.85 was best price just before Mooen was out.

I dont even know what any of that means. Just know on the bbc commentary a ball before lunch they said the bookies have England as faves.

We clawed ourselves a small lead and when they were in effect just over 200 for 7 we probably were...............that stand took the chase way more than it should have been................

200 would have been something like 5th highest chase ever at Lords. It was lost on day 1.

I dont even know what any of that means. Just know on the bbc commentary a ball before lunch they said the bookies have England as faves.
£1 on evens wins you £2. the 1.85 on the exchange means for a £1 you would get £2.85

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back