23rd November Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your attitude encapsulates what I was saying above. Everything so self righteous and resorting to personal abuse when someone dares to challenge your world view.
Fair play like putting forward the virtue signalling stance of wanting to avoid a mental health crisis etc

When you’d already shown your true colours elsewhere saying your bitter as an under40 covid19 wont risk your health but you’ve had to sacrifice stuff :lol:

Like all them morons a while back “LOCK THE VULNEABLE AWAY AND TREAT THEM AS SECOND CLASS CitIZENS, I WANT TO GET BACK TO [THE PUB AND ON MY ALL INCLUSIVE TO] SAVE THE ECONOMY” :lol:
It's endemic, seasonal... That is your so called wave.
Getting mega frustrated now Oldie :lol:
ItS jUsT tHe FlU

Last edited:
New cases coming down most places in the North East. These figures are up to November 18th, hopefully they have improved since then. Sunderland has had less than 100 new cases for the past 2 days which is very promising.

New cases coming down most places in the North East. These figures are up to November 18th, hopefully they have improved more since then.

looking better - strange really since all the experts on here said this “lockdown” wouldn’t achieve anything

New cases coming down most places in the North East. These figures are up to November 18th, hopefully they have improved since then. Sunderland has had less than 100 new cases for the past 2 days which is very promising.

The Northern Echo want to get a few more adverts on their website. There's at least 5% of space available that they are having to fill with news

What's your gut feeling for us T2 or T3? I think T3, but we'll drop to T2 a week before Christmas.

Fair play like putting forward the virtue signalling stance of wanting to avoid a mental health crisis etc

When you’d already shown your true colours elsewhere saying your bitter as an under40 covid19 wont risk your health but you’ve had to sacrifice stuff :lol:

Like all them morons a while back “LOCK THE VULNEABLE AWAY AND TREAT THEM AS SECOND CLASS CitIZENS, I WANT TO GET BACK TO [THE PUB AND ON MY ALL INCLUSIVE TO] SAVE THE ECONOMY” :lol:

Getting mega frustrated now Oldie :lol:
ItS jUsT tHe FlU
Regarding what I said on another post, I was making the point that the people who are least likely to be impacted by covid, and will suffer the socio-economic impacts of Covid the most, could also have to wait the longest to get their freedom back. I don’t see what is so illegitimate about that argument. Many people do genuinely worry about the long-term impact this will have, this assertion that anyone who wants normality back as soon as possible is a pisshead is flawed.

Regarding what I said on another post, I was making the point that the people who are least likely to be impacted by covid, and will suffer the socio-economic impacts of Covid the most, could also have to wait the longest to get their freedom back. I don’t see what is so illegitimate about that argument. Many people do genuinely worry about the long-term impact this will have, this assertion that anyone who wants normality back as soon as possible is a pisshead is flawed.

Its a shame this kind of uncontroversial and reasonable point of view can't be voiced here without the usual hysterical response that is dished out with abuse and a side order of acerbic wit and the customary laughy emoticon.

Its a shame this kind of uncontroversial and reasonable point of view can't be voiced here without the usual hysterical response that is dished out with abuse and a side order of acerbic wit and the customary laughy emoticon.
Depends on claiming abuse where no abuse was made, that's troll behaviour in my book.
Interestingly that claim was made about me on another thread until I posted the evidence of me posting none but the freedom brigade posting plenty.
I think others have summed up this person on the Oxford thread nicely, mini exiles looking for attention is my guess.

I have to wonder when people say they won't participate in another lockdown, what exactly are they going to do about it?

Sit on the pub steps drinking cans? Stamp their feet until someone opens the shops? Send a strongly worded letter somewhere?

I'm genuinely curious.

January's figures are going to be horrendous after today's announcements and the xmas 5 day piss up. ☹

I don't think that this will necessarily happen:-

Firstly - schools will be closed for a fortnight which will restrict one of the main causes of spread for the second wave.

Secondly - will (many) people be going on a 5 day bender? We will be spending time with the family - at home or out to restaurants - I suspect most folk will be doing similar.

We are more likely to see a third, smaller wave in February.

I have to wonder when people say they won't participate in another lockdown, what exactly are they going to do about it?

Sit on the pub steps drinking cans? Stamp their feet until someone opens the shops? Send a strongly worded letter somewhere?

I'm genuinely curious.

I think it just means they won't stop going round other people's houses

I think it just means they won't stop going round other people's houses
Indeed, by balance of risk I think a lot of damage is being done in this regard, many in my family are lonely, young and old. I’ve followed the rules to the letter so far, but then I’m being told things may be worse in 2021 thanks to a decision made by this government. I will abide by the rules of the tiered system but any more strengthening of that will be the final straw for me. Things should only get better from here on in, absolutely no excuse for them not too. Track and trace should be shit hot now, mass testing has been promised in tier 3 areas, the R rate is getting hammered. No excuses now.

Depends on claiming abuse where no abuse was made, that's troll behaviour in my book.
Interestingly that claim was made about me on another thread until I posted the evidence of me posting none but the freedom brigade posting plenty.
I think others have summed up this person on the Oxford thread nicely, mini exiles looking for attention is my guess.

Definitely an interesting correlation between how confrontational people are in proportion to how frequently they post on here.

Definitely an interesting correlation between how confrontational people are in proportion to how frequently they post on here.
If you throw abuse like twat and mental about and then complain about folk throwing abuse about then you are beyond help I'm afraid. It is amusing though.

If you throw abuse like twat and mental about and then complain about folk throwing abuse about then you are beyond help I'm afraid. It is amusing though.

You've had to delve into the archives for that one. A single example from about 5 months ago. Busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back