23rd November Stats

If R is hammered well below 1 i am actually optimistic the worst is out of the way. Another national lockdown will be disgusting and I will refuse to partake.

It looks like the trend had actually begun beforehand (the local restrictions in Liverpool for example were sending their cases through the floor), the lockdown has accelerated it though, whisper it quietly but we could well have below 10K daily cases this time next week. Here’s hoping.

I don't understand these posts. The lockdown is improving the situation, but another one would be 'disgusting'?

I don't understand these posts. The lockdown is improving the situation, but another one would be 'disgusting'?
Lockdowns being the R rate down but hammer the economy. They aren’t a sustainable solution, and they’ll lead to years of economic downturn which the poor will end up paying the highest price for in the following years. Another lockdown would be outrageous and indicative of a government who haven’t got a clue what they are doing.
They have promised mass testing, a vaccine on the horizon and improvements of test and trace. I think I won’t be alone in sticking two fingers up to another lockdown which would be down solely to their incompetence. Knowing this place though everyone but the government will get the blame. We’ve had blame attributed to pub goers, university students and school teachers ... I’m guessing in January it will be Christmas celebrators and shoppers.

Lockdowns being the R rate down but hammer the economy. They aren’t a sustainable solution, and they’ll lead to years of economic downturn which the poor will end up paying the highest price for in the following years. Another lockdown would be outrageous and indicative of a government who haven’t got a clue what they are doing.
They have promised mass testing, a vaccine on the horizon and improvements of test and trace. I think I won’t be alone in sticking two fingers up to another lockdown which would be down solely to their incompetence. Knowing this place though everyone but the government will get the blame. We’ve had blame attributed to pub goers, university students and school teachers ... I’m guessing in January it will be Christmas celebrators and shoppers.

Okay. Have you followed the restrictions for this lockdown, out of interest?

If another lockdown potentially saves thousands of lives (January looks a bit ominous at the moment), then so be it. The government shoulder plenty of the blame, but they also need to be pragmatic and adapt to the current/ever-changing situation.

Okay. Have you followed the restrictions for this lockdown, out of interest?

If another lockdown potentially saves thousands of lives (January looks a bit ominous at the moment), then so be it. The government shoulder plenty of the blame, but they also need to be pragmatic and adapt to the current/ever-changing situation.
Yes I have but my patience is wafer thin now. This never ending cycle pummels the economy each time and they’ll spend the next 3 and a half years using covid as an excuse to justify every austerity measure etc. The sickness will be worse than the cure IMO, a lot worse.

Yes I have but my patience is wafer thin now. This never ending cycle pummels the economy each time and they’ll spend the next 3 and a half years using covid as an excuse to justify every austerity measure etc. The sickness will be worse than the cure IMO, a lot worse.

I assume you mean the other way around.

I assume you mean the other way around.
Yes, seems to be no middle ground though. People say it as a binary thing, either you are an anti-vax mentalist who wants people to die and you are a disgusting person, or you fully support the measures unequivocally and are henceforth a good person caring for society. I’m not an anti-vaxxer or Bill Gates/UN ‘great reset’ believer, but I do believe a lot more will die from excess cancer deaths, mass unemployment, declining mental health, further austerity etc.

It looks like the trend had actually begun beforehand (the local restrictions in Liverpool for example were sending their cases through the floor), the lockdown has accelerated it though, whisper it quietly but we could well have below 10K daily cases this time next week. Here’s hoping.

The testing everyone in Liverpool has helped to reduce cases by two thirds so testing looks as though it will be rolled out in other places to help bring numbers down.

Just like being back in May / June time. VE Day - cases are going to go through the roof - never happened. Packed beaches - never happened. BLM protests - never happened. I'm not being facetious although potentially a little overly optimistic but in terms of patterns I wonder to what extent this current wave has peaked and the transmissions are slowing down due to other factors. I'm convinced that there is far more to the rise and fall of cases than purely a correlation with our behaviours. Considering millions of young carriers will have been sitting next to older people on busses and taking it into their homes that families spending Xmas together really won't make any difference.

The difference with all of those is that they were pretty much all outdoors and in a few of them, very limited numbers. This is millions indoors. Hopefully though the virus will not be as prevalent.

The cure will kill just as many as the sickness if not more. Mass unemployment, suicide, excess cancer deaths ....
Aww tantrum all because you cant get in the pub. Bless you.
Yes, seems to be no middle ground though. People say it as a binary thing, either you are an anti-vax mentalist who wants people to die and you are a disgusting person, or you fully support the measures unequivocally and are henceforth a good person caring for society. I’m not an anti-vaxxer or Bill Gates/UN ‘great reset’ believer, but I do believe a lot more will die from excess cancer deaths, mass unemployment, declining mental health, further austerity etc.
((((Except you already admitted on another thread you are annoyed Under 40s like yourself who arent at risk, are being held back in life to save the lives of older people))))

Last edited:
The cure will kill just as many as the sickness if not more. Mass unemployment, suicide, excess cancer deaths ....

People won’t be interested in that when it’s over though. The argume

Aye it’s queer, the pubs been closed a long while now or severely impaired, yet still over 20k a day
Will be interesting next year when people have been out of work a long time and losing homes of peoples viewpoints move

Last edited:
Aww tantrum all because you cant get in the pub. Bless you.

((((Except you already admitted on another thread you are annoyed Under 40s like yourself who arent at risk, are being held back in life to save the lives of older people))))
Your attitude encapsulates what I was saying above. Everything so self righteous and resorting to personal abuse when someone dares to challenge your world view.

The difference with all of those is that they were pretty much all outdoors and in a few of them, very limited numbers. This is millions indoors. Hopefully though the virus will not be as prevalent.

I had factored that in too. I appreciate the difference. I just can't help at least asking the question in connection with to what extent there are some other key variables that drive this virus. It seems that this wave is behaving remarkably similar to the last one, although this time the climb of cases has been much more gradual.

I had factored that in too. I appreciate the difference. I just can't help at least asking the question in connection with to what extent there are some other key variables that drive this virus. It seems that this wave is behaving remarkably similar to the last one, although this time the climb of cases has been much more gradual.
It's endemic, seasonal... That is your so called wave.

Back