2024 T20 Blast

I'd be shocked if it's not just franchise cricket by 2030.

Cricket turning itself into football. Desperately sad.
Bit harsh on football that. Sure, it’s big business now. But it’s not a load of franchises at least in this country. Most of the clubs have a heritage back to the nineteenth century. Creating the Premier League did not mean merging us and the mags into a “Tyne and Wear Poptarts” franchise. Nor did they decide to play ten aside for 33 minutes “to broaden the appeal”. And there’s a full pyramid structure with promotion and relegation that even traditional cricket, never mind franchise cricket, doesn’t offer.

Bit harsh on football that. Sure, it’s big business now. But it’s not a load of franchises at least in this country. Most of the clubs have a heritage back to the nineteenth century. Creating the Premier League did not mean merging us and the mags into a “Tyne and Wear Poptarts” franchise. Nor did they decide to play ten aside for 33 minutes “to broaden the appeal”. And there’s a full pyramid structure with promotion and relegation that even traditional cricket, never mind franchise cricket, doesn’t offer.
I was born in 1992. Football doesn't exist as far as the media is concerned prior to this date. Lots of fans too. Shearers "record" is an utter embarrassment that loads parrot.

Anything outside the prem is utterly irrelevant and the gap is getting wider.

The champions league is anything but.

Fans are f***ing irrelevant and tickets and everything that goes with it shirts etc is robbing people blind.

Test cricket doesn't make money outside of 3 countries and T20 is becoming more important everywhere.

I see big comparisons to what football has done to what cricket is doing.

We let them do it to football and don't protest it and turn up every week to get more and more shafted.

ECB want to kill county cricket, domestic cricket all around the world is second fiddle to franchise cricket.

Last edited:

Back