2023 Cycling thread

Anyone done much flying with Di2? My bike has the battery mounted in the seat post and removal is done via the BB.

I know you can’t put power banks etc in checked luggage, but I’m hoping a Di2 battery is viewed the same as a battery on a shaver or electric tooth brush?

Anyone done much flying with Di2? My bike has the battery mounted in the seat post and removal is done via the BB.

I know you can’t put power banks etc in checked luggage, but I’m hoping a Di2 battery is viewed the same as a battery on a shaver or electric tooth brush?
Can you not just put it in the bike box/carrier with the bike for check-in luggage? Mine is integral to the bike, so when I took it from UK to Vietnam, was all boxed up as one. Qatar Airlines just asked what was in the box, told them a bike, no further questions and on it went.

Can you not just put it in the bike box/carrier with the bike for check-in luggage? Mine is integral to the bike, so when I took it from UK to Vietnam, was all boxed up as one. Qatar Airlines just asked what was in the box, told them a bike, no further questions and on it went.
I would have thought just goes in bike box as you say ?

Back