2021 Cycling Thread

Hadn't even heard of a tyre boot. Just checked and they sell them on wiggle. It They do say"replace torn tyre as soon as possible" mind.
I hadn't heard of buying a tyre boot. The world's gone mad! Carry a bit of old inner tube with you is all you need. Once when I hit a rock on a fast descent and ripped the sidewall of back tyre (& nearly shat mesel) I used a bit of plastic bag as a boot to get me home. I wouldn't see using a boot as anything other than a get-you-home repair though but.

Gerrin Cav lad!!
Made my day this has, just hope he can get at least one more stage win and avoid Sagan weaving all over coz he knows Cav is better 😀

Interested to see what the route will be as Im guessing theyll want the new bridge in and hoping its going south so they can have the bank for some attacks.

Cant wait for the complaints about road closures either.
Pretty sure it'll be going along the new road into town.

Outdoing Uriah Heap with his humbleness :lol:

Cav’s Twitter social media posts at times are like a big bairns...like a huffy kid when things don’t go right or like this when on the up

:lol:

Has anybody set up ant TdF game for this year?

I know velogames do a version, but also free one on official website run by tissot?

Velo one set up.

Velo one set up.
cheers... joined just in time. I seem to remember that in previous years you could select a so called leader per stage (to get double points for that rider for that stage) but can't seem to see that option this year? Have I overlooked this or is it just standard choices this year?

cheers... joined just in time. I seem to remember that in previous years you could select a so called leader per stage (to get double points for that rider for that stage) but can't seem to see that option this year? Have I overlooked this or is it just standard choices this year?
That’s on the official one. You can change your captain each stage.

I'm meant to be having a ride up the c2c but my mtb chain has snapped. Would I be able to get up as far as Stanhope moors on my hybrid with skinnys on?
I know its easily rideable up to Consett but can't remember what it's like past there.

I'm meant to be having a ride up the c2c but my mtb chain has snapped. Would I be able to get up as far as Stanhope moors on my hybrid with skinnys on?
I know its easily rideable up to Consett but can't remember what it's like past there.

its fine all the way - i go upto the cafe quite regular on my roadie - that has 26mm panaracer gravelkings and they're hardly big fat knobblies

Back