2021 Cycling Thread

ordered one of these as being a regular Conti user they're buggers to fit

getting too old for scraped knuckles and talc palaver....will give it a SMB review in due course ;)

If they can handle marathon plus they'll be worth the investment.

My mate sent me a whatsapp last week that simply read.........spent 30 minutes fitting a cunting marathon plus :D

If they can handle marathon plus they'll be worth the investment.

My mate sent me a whatsapp last week that simply read.........spent 30 minutes fitting a cunting marathon plus :D

They must be the equivalent of Conti hardshell Gatorskins ;)

If it works it's a tenner well spent.
Got new GPS500's to go on new wheels when they arrive and will see if it helps with new tyres ?

They must be the equivalent of Conti hardshell Gatorskins ;)

If it works it's a tenner well spent.
Got new GPS500's to go on new wheels when they arrive and will see if it helps with new tyres ?

Is it worth looking at a stronger wheelset for my divirge? I've got a topeak rack and 16ltr panniers to fit........ and added to my considerable lard i'm worried I may end up with an increased chance of a breakage in the middle of nowhere.

Can't wait to get it on my bike again.
I was riding to work back in mid-November when I came off at a roundabout. A roundabout I've been around many many times before and my wheels disappeared from underneath me quicker than you could think 'what the fuck'. Got up, shook it off and rode the last 200m to work. Couple of days later I was still in a lot of pain so went for an x-ray and it was broken. A very unusual break normally associated with massive impacts from the likes of care crashes, didn't hurt massively though just couldn't move it too much without getting pain and was swollen.
7 weeks later and it's still buggered, can't bend my hand inwards hardly at all, plus a bone looks as though it's in the wrong place as isn't sticking out as much as it once did. Just been for an MRI today so will hopefully find out soon what is wrong with it on top of the break that should've healed by now. Just want to get back out riding local roads and taking my mtb to Hamsterley again. Sick of being sat in doing nothing now

Still can't ride, Dr gave me a 2 month avoid manual labour/heavy lifting sick note at the start of this month. It's going to be April before I get to ride again at the earliest, my wrist is improving but very very slowly. One of the carpel bones was broken all the way through and I've severely sprained the ligaments. If it hadn't improved much by the start of April I'll need another scan to look further into the ligaments to see if any damage is there the MRI I had didn't/couldn't show although the surgeon thought that was unlikely.
Sick of bloody running now, just want to get back to Hamsterley on my MTB

Back