RTG 2021-2022 Fixtures

I always understood the stance of the club on that one, as they were never going to be able to pick one between say us or ALS or any of the other sites at that time.

There was however a half-way house where an individual club could approve the use of their fixtures - if they didn't do that, we had to buy the full set of fixtures for every club in the league.

Of course the club refused to agree to approve use of their fixtures...just like they refuse to agree that we can use player photos or match photos regardless of whether we purchase them from an approved agency or not - the agencies are happy to licence them to us, but it also needs the club approval!

The full fixture list would have cost us £12,500 for licence and "delivery".

I doubt that the clubs really did - the football authorities were basically seeking to stop the pools companies and betting companies making money out of it without getting something in return - obviously they try and monetise every little thing they can.

They in turn employed football dataco and net result to chase down and prosecute anyone who published the fixtures and of course we were caught up in the crossfire.

The printed papers and traditional press did a special deal whereby they got the fixtures for a very low licence fee.
In the 50's or maybe the 60's, the FL went through a phase of not announcing who was playing who until a few days before the game which meant the pools companies did not have enough time to print their coupons and get them distributed and collected in time.
A seaside town away for the last game! It's written in the stars, get your B&B's booked up boys and girls, we're going up with an invasion!
Away end holds about 1400 max I think. Be massively high loyalty points.

Last edited:

Away end holds about 1400 max I think. Be massively high loyalty points.

I went there for the Checkatrade cup tie and it felt even smaller than that, but I just looked and you are correct listed at 1389 (1100 standing) total capacity of ground is 6476.

Scraped past them with a goal in injury time to avoid the extra penalties!

I went there for the Checkatrade cup tie and it felt even smaller than that, but I just looked and you are correct listed at 1389 (1100 standing) total capacity of ground is 6476.

Yeah I went to that game as well and the turnout from our lot was impressive.

First time I went there was a bank holiday Monday match v Plymouth while doing the 92 and never imagining I would get to see Sunderland there. I had been walking over the lakes over the Easter and camping and tipped up a bit bedraggled in walking gear and unshaven. It was something like £14 for adults and £8 concessions. I got to the turnstyle and handed over £20 and the young lad looked at me and gave me £12 change. I think I was 48 or 49 at the time!!

I was there that night , Maja last min wasn’t it, concourse was a single person wide, tidy little ground though

7th of August - at my mates wedding

21st of August - on holiday

Ah whey, waited 15 months to go to a game, what's another couple of weeks?!

Photo by Chris Vaughan - CameraSport via Getty Images What do you make of the first month of Sunderland’s fixtures - are you optimistic for a good start, or not quite as confident given that there are some decent teams lined up to face us? Phil West says... It’s important to caveat any optimism or pessimism about the opening couple of...

More at Roker Report...

Back