2020 Local Cricket Rumours & Transfers

ac arundez

Central Defender
With the proposed new league merger looking increasingly likely for the DCL and the NEDCL in 2020, 6 new divisions will be formed under the NEPL and NEPL1 with the likely name being the Durham & North East Cricket League (DNECL).

There’s a load of rumours and lots of moves being confirmed already, looking forward to seeing how things develop over the winter so obviously an “official” thread is needed on the SMB 😀

For me, personally I think the changes in league structures and ups and downs from various divisions from this season, will ensure a huge amount of change and a lot of players moving around this winter. Let’s see what rumours and transfers are doing the rounds...

Who do you play for mate?
Back in the day it was at Belmont, moved on to Spenny and after the 2nds which I propped us as captain folded , I've moved on at the end of this summer with my 2 little trundlers at Aldbrough St John (one of the few clubs I reckoned the little 'un would get Saturday cricket at). Playing cricket in Yorkshire FFS!

Last edited:
Back in the day it was at Belmont, moved on to Spenny and after the 2nds which I propped us as captain folded , I've moved on at the end of this summer with my 2 little trundlers at Aldbrough St John (one of the few clubs I reckoned the little 'un would get Saturday cricket at). Playing cricket in Yorkshire FFS!
I seem to remember Dan getting a couple of big tons against you in consecutive games - must have been sick of the sight of him!

Sure we have mentioned this before was my lad there then ?

Sorry to hear Spenny have folded their seconds. Things seemed to be going really well too. Good luck at Aldbrough.

Back