**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpley is situated between the two and beats them both by a mile imho
We went to sharpley Friday for the range but went to Houghton le spring along the road for the 18 holes. My first in over ten years as just getting back into it, we got Houghton for 15quid on that 'tee off time', the course was beautiful but felt hilly. Told sharpley much more hilly so my blisters today which are killing probably would have ended me chopping my feet off :lol: any advisory for blister prevention or/and treatment welcomed :)

We went to sharpley Friday for the range but went to Houghton le spring along the road for the 18 holes. My first in over ten years as just getting back into it, we got Houghton for 15quid on that 'tee off time', the course was beautiful but felt hilly. Told sharpley much more hilly so my blisters today which are killing probably would have ended me chopping my feet off :lol: any advisory for blister prevention or/and treatment welcomed :)
When wearing new golf shoes tape your heels up with elastoplast to prevent blisters.

Sharply far better course than houghton imo....and houghton is way more hilly.

Was a member at houghton back in the day, would join sharply but me Marra plays at Hepworth which I can’t stand.

Sharply far better course than houghton imo....and houghton is way more hilly.

Was a member at houghton back in the day, would join sharply but me Marra plays at Hepworth which I can’t stand.
Oh I thought sharply was meant to be more hilly? Thank fuck for when I go haha as Houghton was tough hill wise!

I haven't played sharply but yesterday walking yo the range it looked unbelievable conditions.... Heard so many good things about it. Is it that good?

Oh I thought sharply was meant to be more hilly? Thank fuck for when I go haha as Houghton was tough hill wise!

I haven't played sharply but yesterday walking yo the range it looked unbelievable conditions.... Heard so many good things about it. Is it that good?
I played last Saturday morning, brilliant nick and the greens were immaculate.

The walk to the 10th green is steep but not to far. Walk to 4th tee, 9th tee are steep but again not to far. On the whole it's a decent course to walk round is sharply. It's a great set up with very friendly staff. Short course so high handicappers have got a chance to reach most of the par 4s in two. I'm no long hitter but the only green I haven't reached in two with a iron in my hand second shot is the 2nd. Par three 3rd in one of the toughest par threes you are likely to play

Last edited:
Played sharply yesterday for the first time in 3 years. Course and conditions were the best it’s ever played. Was like playing in Portugal. Course was in amazing nick. Played my member club today the George Washington and scored 32 points. Very decent round. f***ing knackered now. Weather been impressive.
Would love sharply for a membership. Been great in the winter. George Washington was pretty wet and boggey today. Greens not great.

How's everyone done on the handicap front this year, I went down a shot then back up to where I started in last comp. Never practiced at all mind.

How's everyone done on the handicap front this year, I went down a shot then back up to where I started in last comp. Never practiced at all mind.

Never moved, bit if a nothing year for me - 2 nippers are at the age where they play footy, swim and stuff on a weekend so haven't played half as much as I'd like

Same
Got it into single figures for a bit but played too many times at a more difficult course than my home club and it crept back up into double digits .
I’m hoping the new handicap system will stop some of the unfair aspects to handicapping.

Same
Got it into single figures for a bit but played too many times at a more difficult course than my home club and it crept back up into double digits .
I’m hoping the new handicap system will stop some of the unfair aspects to handicapping.
I'll be interested to see how it pans out. You can get punished if you habitually no return which is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back