**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a round on Saturday at Houghton, freezing cold and blowing a gale, just 2 temps.

Saw last years club captain get floored by a wayward drive, shout of "fore", fortunately turned away and took a hooked drive to the back of the head, ambulance, hospital and 6 staples!

Ouch!

I once hit a bloke square in the chest when he failed to take cover after I shouted fore :eek:

Playing Ramside today and it looks like we've picked a fine day too :cool:

Great game today at Houghton, course not too bad, gross 77, happy chap.
I once shot a 76 of yellows when I was getting in 3 rds a week as youngen when I was member at houghton, be lucky to hit 96 these days...15 rds a year now.
Handicap was around 13 at time.
Need to sort my shit out.

I once shot a 76 of yellows when I was getting in 3 rds a week as youngen when I was member at houghton, be lucky to hit 96 these days...15 rds a year now.
Handicap was around 13 at time.
Need to sort my shit out.
Dedication marra, dedication, this may be my last post on here for a while as I’m about to be banned for my views on the FLA thread. Speak soon mate and enjoy your golf.

How was the course? First time out tomorrow for ages.

Absolutely soaked mate. Still playing off about 5 or 6 mats for tees. Greens in good nick mind. Drives still plugging on the fairways.

I played like a twat but somehow managed to keep the same ball all game.

Dedication marra, dedication, this may be my last post on here for a while as I’m about to be banned for my views on the FLA thread. Speak soon mate and enjoy your golf.

What's the FLA thread?

Last edited:
Played on the new course at Ramside yesterday was nice to play in the sun again. Irons were really good yesterday but putting wasn't up to much, 20 points going out 12 coming back in.

Who's paying this weekend and where?

I'm going to try and get a game at Sharpley with my brother, if he's available.

Great weekend away.
Shot 77 on gullane 2 on Saturday. The course was in fantastic condition.

Shot 85 on the kings course at Gleneagles but I found the course awful with loads of stupid blind holes. It didn't help that my battery died on the 2nd.

Shot 73 on the queens at Gleneagles with 2 double bogeys.. this course is fantastic. But overall Gleneagles is fantastic and if you get the chance to and stop there.

Playing close house tomorrow and then castle eden on sunday

Depends on the weather, might get a game in on the Old Hungarian Course in Budapest on Friday, if not I'll just play at home when I'm back sunday

Great weekend away.
Shot 77 on gullane 2 on Saturday. The course was in fantastic condition.

Shot 85 on the kings course at Gleneagles but I found the course awful with loads of stupid blind holes. It didn't help that my battery died on the 2nd.

Shot 73 on the queens at Gleneagles with 2 double bogeys.. this course is fantastic. But overall Gleneagles is fantastic and if you get the chance to and stop there.

Playing close house tomorrow and then castle eden on sunday
Bloody hell. Two games in 4 days, man ! Are you retired?:)

Depends on the weather, might get a game in on the Old Hungarian Course in Budapest on Friday, if not I'll just play at home when I'm back sunday
Where's home?

Supposed to be manky here all weekend. Sharpley has great drainage so the course is no problem, but not keen on playing in the pissy rain any more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back