2019-20 kits

You realise the purpose of kit design with the bigger clubs is to get young people wearing them as fashion pieces, without being bothered about the club or even football. Much like people wearing yankees hats.
Aye mate, blind young people would love it like.
It's all about exposure and money these days. It's certainly getting the headlines already.

I can remember when fans were Craving for a Adidas kit, how times have changed..
Yeah I'd always wanted adidas to supply the kits, but if you're not in the 'Elite' team level you end up with the teamwear stuff which is generic and the club has no input. Plus iron on badges across the training kit makes it look like cheap tat.
At least with Macron, Hummel, Errea Umbro you get a bespoke design for the club.

Someone made a valid point the other day regarding the Juve kit. Saying how it may be a directed decision to release kits that move away from the norm, then in a few years go back to a "classic" look to make huge sales that outweigh any decline in the seasons before.

Or it could just be like Southampton who seem to constantly get utter shite kits.

Someone made a valid point the other day regarding the Juve kit. Saying how it may be a directed decision to release kits that move away from the norm, then in a few years go back to a "classic" look to make huge sales that outweigh any decline in the seasons before.

Or it could just be like Southampton who seem to constantly get utter shite kits.
Or those who design them have no real idea about the clubs or fans so turn out shit..

Or those who design them have no real idea about the clubs or fans so turn out shit..
Real Sociedad fans went nuts over their kit which was the blue and white pin stripe version we had. It's just generic team wear shite and Adidas couldn't care less whether the fans like it or not.

It’s dumb they piss money up the wall with designers. Don’t pay as much for designers get the fans to design it. It’s good PR, potentially cheaper to make and better chance at good sales.

It’s dumb they piss money up the wall with designers. Don’t pay as much for designers get the fans to design it. It’s good PR, potentially cheaper to make and better chance at good sales.
Fans don’t think about the bottom line and profit margins though.

All kit manufacturers make the kits to make a profit. It could well be more profitable to sell a few less identikit shirts because the margin is greater.

I know city fans who are glad to see the back of Nike, to an extent the grass is always greener.

For me, until the last couple of years Adidas have been one of the better manufacturers we’ve had. I think Umbro only did 2 okay kits. I did like the Lonsdale one, but the Deadora and Avec kits were f***ing hideous.

Fans don’t think about the bottom line and profit margins though.

All kit manufacturers make the kits to make a profit. It could well be more profitable to sell a few less identikit shirts because the margin is greater.

I know city fans who are glad to see the back of Nike, to an extent the grass is always greener.

For me, until the last couple of years Adidas have been one of the better manufacturers we’ve had. I think Umbro only did 2 okay kits. I did like the Lonsdale one, but the Deadora and Avec kits were f***ing hideous.
From memory all the home Umbro kits were decent and the Diadora home kit also had nothing wrong with it.

So when is it coming? Bit late now for the final like
I think they were only doing that if we got the home kit for the fixture. I’m guessing they’re using the opportunity to flog the remaining black shirt stock then will release it within a few weeks if were promoted, or hold it back another month for us to sort our heads out.

It's shite.

That claimed design is utter rubbish.

I saw the strip for the first time on Friday. The only difference between the mock up and the real thing is that the Adidas badge is all red and not black.

Any idea when we'll get to see it?

They were supposed to be putting them on sale in time for Wembley, obviously knocked that idea on the head. I wonder if we had been playing in red and white at Wembley if they'd have pressed ahead with putting it on sale and wearing it during the game too.

Last edited:
I saw the strip for the first time on Friday. The only difference between the mock up and the real thing is that the Adidas badge is all red and not black.

They were supposed to be putting them on sale in time for Wembley, obviously knocked that idea on the head. I wonder if we had been playing in red and white at Wembley if they'd have pressed ahead with putting it on sale and wearing it during the game too.

Which mock up? The UNICEF one? I'm guessing the charity is different too!

I think you might be right about the kit release. Loads of expense for supporters right now with another wembley trip. Don't think sales would have been great if it came out this week.

Last edited:

Back