2019-20 kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

I suppose it's more money for the club but I just don't like them, feel like clubs/kit manufacturers rip off their fans enough with shirt prices, never mind having third and fourth ones that they use once or twice.
Nobody is ripped off if they don't want to buy, they have that choice. Don't want that choice taken away from them.

Unpopular opinion but the 3 shirts we exited the premier league with were the best we've ever had. In fact, best I've seen any team have in terms of variety. Unfortunately they're completely soiled with the memory of Moyes, failure, relegation and mutinous players. So much so I wouldn't contemplate wearing one personally.

Point is, the best shirts we've had (as far as the general consensus goes) usually have a context of at least some tangible success. So I think fans calling for us to go for something that harks back to the past doesn't necessarily mean the best looking shirts.

I didn't like them that much (I did love the blue/teal Invest in Africa away kit mind) but I think you're right in the main here. Kits become cherished because of the memories in the long-term.

They shouldve stuck with trainers n boots. Nivver made owt decent in every other market they’ve entered.

Nonsense, they make a lot of nice clothes...

We used the same kit as the whole season that day, but the kit that day with the black lines around the shoulders was used on the on the final day of the previous season.
It was definitely released before the final day though. I was at the game with people from my wife’s work and it was in the window of the club shop.

On more than one occasion we wore a new Umbro kit in the last day of the season. Definitely the case with the one with the embossed badge because it was the day the Mags went down. We also definitely released the cream away kit in June because I got it as a leaving present from a job I left on 2nd July that year.
But there were many occasions after this where Umbro kits weren’t released until preseason tours were finished. I think the late release has nothing to do with Adidas as many other clubs play in new Adidas strips on the last game of the season. I think it’s probably down to the way our club used to be ran.

I don’t know if the Don was hinting at Macron in the last podcast as they’ve done quite a few fan votes on shirts for this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back