2019-20 kits

Nothing to do with Adidas, we had the same issue with Umbro and no other Adidas team have the same issue.
On more than one occasion we wore a new Umbro kit in the last day of the season. Definitely the case with the one with the embossed badge because it was the day the Mags went down. We also definitely released the cream away kit in June because I got it as a leaving present from a job I left on 2nd July that year.

f***ing adore them as a brand generally, but can't contest fact they've completely f***ing dialed it in for us.
Unpopular opinion but the 3 shirts we exited the premier league with were the best we've ever had. In fact, best I've seen any team have in terms of variety. Unfortunately they're completely soiled with the memory of Moyes, failure, relegation and mutinous players. So much so I wouldn't contemplate wearing one personally.

Point is, the best shirts we've had (as far as the general consensus goes) usually have a context of at least some tangible success. So I think fans calling for us to go for something that harks back to the past doesn't necessarily mean the best looking shirts.

The away ones definitely for me.
Maybe the red/white lines on the blue one could be a diagonal sash (think Peru and more recently Palace)
That yellow one is topper

That would improve it. I always wondered if the club could do a third strip with the old badge on as a special edition. Would look quality on the yellow one.

Also nothing to do with Adidas, none of the early strips we got from them had the back panel.

Pretty sure it is. The first shirts we got off them had stripes on the back but if you look at any team Adidas has produced shirts for in the last couple of seasons all of them have plain backs. We have never had plain backs on our home shirts til the last 2 seasons.

On more than one occasion we wore a new Umbro kit in the last day of the season. Definitely the case with the one with the embossed badge because it was the day the Mags went down. We also definitely released the cream away kit in June because I got it as a leaving present from a job I left on 2nd July that year.
Same with the last Umbro one we had, with the black V-neck. We wore that the last game of the previous season

Also nothing to do with Adidas, none of the early strips we got from them had the back panel.
Think you’re wrong there like. Brentford who also have Adidas released a statement saying Adidas had made a decision across the board that all their striped kits for this season would have solid back. Think they wanted striped backs but Adidas wouldn’t relent.

We used the same kit as the whole season that day, but the kit that day with the black lines around the shoulders was used on the on the final day of the previous season.

Back