2019-20 kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t understand all this praise for Hummel, Puma etc.... Hummel gave us a good strip or two in 1990, Generally all of the manufacturers follow templates and generic patterns. The quality and selection of Adidas products is much greater and more accessible.

As for Puma, Puma have made a great football boot in the Puma King and and some good trainers over the years but generally their football strips have been awful.

As for Kappa, Jesus wept.

The best strips that we have had consistently were Umbro when they were relevant.
Hummel and Macron for example make their kits bespoke for the particular club so that at least gives them a headstart over adidas or nike

I spoke to a woman I know today, her son is in the U-18 squad. Told me the young uns had been moaning this week because they've been told we're definitely getting Hummel after Adidas.....she said it would actually be from next season too (although I thought the adidas contract had another year?).

I wonder if adidas might have agreed to end their deal early? I think SAFC under Short had a very hands off approach to this stuff. Outsource it and let adidas to what they want.

If Donald has been in their ear complaining about the designs/number of kits availabke/full color backs etc then maybe they couldn't be arsed with the hassle and opted to let the club walk away rather than cater to those demands.

Would be over the moon with a hummel effort.

I wonder if adidas might have agreed to end their deal early? I think SAFC under Short had a very hands off approach to this stuff. Outsource it and let adidas to what they want.

If Donald has been in their ear complaining about the designs/number of kits availabke/full color backs etc then maybe they couldn't be arsed with the hassle and opted to let the club walk away rather than cater to those demands.

Would be over the moon with a hummel effort.
I'd be surprised if Adidas walked away unless our deal with them wasn't worth it to them in that they weren't making enough out of it.

Similarly I'd have thought that the Adidas deal would be worth more to us than any deal that we'd currently be able to negotiate while we're in league. Couldn't see us walking away from better cash a year early even if we weren't overly happy with recent kits they'd produced.

I would like a season or two as a change from the traditional . It’s been same old same old except for the butchers apron (which I hated)
The away strip should be a blank canvas, go for something truly out there.
Definitely this. Other clubs do it.

Lyon just released their kits. The away is a blue belter! I'm useless at hoying photos in here like if someone else can do it for us like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back