*********2018 Cycling Thread********

Been laid up in bed for the last couple of days with some sickness bug and while it does have some positives - I've lost almost a stone in weight - overall, I'm f***ing fucked. Just walked to the shop at the end of the road and could have done with a sit down en route. I've also managed to trigger this shit shoulder impingement thing too, so that'll be fun over the next few days. Looks like I'm out of next weeks Scottish 1000.

loads of examples - from the decathlon website for example

15 - Cycling - Triban 500 Road Bike - Black
15 - Cycling - Rockrider 520 Mountain Bike, 27.5" - Black

decathlon bikes are'nt quite specced as well as they used to be when they first entered the UK market but still good value

I have an older triban 500 but seems same spec, carbon forks, microshift gears with triple which tbh work well.
I bought it for commute and winter (save ruining my defy 1)
and fitted mudguards and decent lights etc.
Really nice bike and they have offers from time to time.
Paid £299 for mine 2 and half year ago.

I have an older triban 500 but seems same spec, carbon forks, microshift gears with triple which tbh work well.
I bought it for commute and winter (save ruining my defy 1)
and fitted mudguards and decent lights etc.
Really nice bike and they have offers from time to time.
Paid £299 for mine 2 and half year ago.

i'm a bit of a triban fanboi myself

my road bike is a red triban 3 - suitably upgraded with shimano rs10 wheels, 105 brakes, 105 RD etc

looking to see if i can pick up some 10 speed triple shifters for a decent price, and then go for a full upgrade to 10 speed

Been laid up in bed for the last couple of days with some sickness bug and while it does have some positives - I've lost almost a stone in weight - overall, I'm f***ing fucked. Just walked to the shop at the end of the road and could have done with a sit down en route. I've also managed to trigger this shit shoulder impingement thing too, so that'll be fun over the next few days. Looks like I'm out of next weeks Scottish 1000.
Sounds crap. Don't know whether to advise, just rest and get yerself better or MTFU :)

question for the wise ones

anyone used Panaracer Gravelkings before?

if so, are they any good on the loose gravel type cycletracks that we have?

and any idea on the actual size on 15mm internal rims - ie, do they come up at claimed size, or bigger/smaller, currently have 25mm schwalbe marathons on (tried 28mm scwhalbes but dont quite have the clearance for em) - and just got back to find one of them has now split anyway

Bit of buying advice wanted...

Renovating me auld commuter for my lad and need a new chainring. I know I need a 50/34 but when I get to the page to order it gives me the option of 170mm, 172.5mm or 175mm. Will it make much difference which one I order? I've got a KMC X10 chain and Tiagra 10sp Cassette on order already.

Thanks for any advice in advance,.

Bit of buying advice wanted...

Renovating me auld commuter for my lad and need a new chainring. I know I need a 50/34 but when I get to the page to order it gives me the option of 170mm, 172.5mm or 175mm. Will it make much difference which one I order? I've got a KMC X10 chain and Tiagra 10sp Cassette on order already.

Thanks for any advice in advance,.

So long as the frame fits him and you’ve measured him up on the bike then go got the crank length in between, 172.5

Christ I got wet tonight riding into work. I've currently got some of my gear hanging up on a drip stand in the middle of the hospital ward I work on underneath an electric heater blowing down on it. It's mafting on here without any heaters turned on but I'm not having anyone turn the bloody thing off

Time to get off me arse and start shifting the timber so just picked this up this morning
CUBE Analog 2018 :: £659.00 :: MOUNTAIN BIKES :: 29ers Front Suspension :: Hargreaves Cycles

Logon or register to see this image

Just done a once round the block but it seems ok. A small step up from the Aim 2013 i have. Only real difference is Shimano brakes and a lockable front fork, which actually does make it different to ride. Wish me luck...i`ll have to try and get back on to me Strava now or is there anything better for logging miles etc

Time to get off me arse and start shifting the timber so just picked this up this morning
CUBE Analog 2018 :: £659.00 :: MOUNTAIN BIKES :: 29ers Front Suspension :: Hargreaves Cycles

Logon or register to see this image

Just done a once round the block but it seems ok. A small step up from the Aim 2013 i have. Only real difference is Shimano brakes and a lockable front fork, which actually does make it different to ride. Wish me luck...i`ll have to try and get back on to me Strava now or is there anything better for logging miles etc
Nor.

Back