*********2018 Cycling Thread********

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hail Bikesters

I'm after a couple of recommendations, firstly the comfortabelest saddle known to man (well for a budget of about £40 anyway) im sick of having a saddle that's harder than Chuck Norris.

Secondly, a decent place to go in the Sunderland area for a full service, the strip down and rebuild type.

Oh, and it's mountain bike btw

Cheers

Hail Bikesters

I'm after a couple of recommendations, firstly the comfortabelest saddle known to man (well for a budget of about £40 anyway) im sick of having a saddle that's harder than Chuck Norris.

Secondly, a decent place to go in the Sunderland area for a full service, the strip down and rebuild type.

Cheers
Darkes. You could have just asked you know.

Hail Bikesters

Cheers

The one thing that is more individual than anything is saddles...be it Road/mtb whatever.
Try some out but some people get along with certain ones ( I like the adamo ones yet others hate them)

Would say mind harder generally better...fnnnaarrrr ;)

All that bloody running man...it’ll ruin you :lol:

At least the wheels will look good ;)

Cycling holidays and camps - Mallorca Cycle Holiday & Training Camp

Based in Port Alcudia and Wednesday is their rest day which might explain why nee bikes/cycle clobber.

Nee mistaking his accent mind :lol:
I love it :cool:

He's just around the corner from me. How much does he charge for a service?
D.A what do you need done? Most popular service seems to be the £35 one brakes gears reset hubs b/b and headset checked adjusted wheels checked tried and36 point check. You may not want all that done?

Seems a clever bloke, very experienced. Loves to chat.

Hail Bikesters

Cheers
Carlos cycles seems cheap.

Last edited:
I love it :cool:

D.A what do you need done? Most popular service seems to be the £35 one brakes gears reset hubs b/b and headset checked adjusted wheels checked tried and36 point check. You may not want all that done?

Seems a clever bloke, very experienced. Loves to chat.

Carlos cycles seems cheap.
Darkes just serviced summer bike for £35. I'll need winter hack servicing at some point- probably be using it a while longer the way the weather is.

Hail Bikesters

Cheers
There are shops like kB cycles which will take a measurement and let you try out a saddle and change it if it's no good for you. Worth asking in your lbs

Darkes just serviced summer bike for £35. I'll need winter hack servicing at some point- probably be using it a while longer the way the weather is.
I dinnit like darkes, he was really unhelpful when i popped in before.

I dinnit like darkes, he was really unhelpful when i popped in before.
I've had no issues with him. I used to use cycleworld, but they charged me nearly double the amount quoted for swapping over a groupset; I haven't been back since.

I've had no issues with him. I used to use cycleworld, but they charged me nearly double the amount quoted for swapping over a groupset; I haven't been back since.

Far better mechanics in Cycleworld.
Don’t normally use them for parts ( apart from the odd chain etc)

MTS in Durham really good but awkward sarcastic twats

Not getting my tt back from Carlos today. He's identified the issue with my dodgy back brake. What a guy.

Weather's beyond a joke now. Did 20 mile earlier, fkin soaked again. That's 6 months riding about in shit weather. :mad:

It wasn’t an autocorrect. That’s what we call it up here. You’ve been away too long.
Do we? :lol:

Weather's beyond a joke now. Did 20 mile earlier, fkin soaked again. That's 6 months riding about in shit weather. :mad:
True dat. 20km and it pissed it down for every inch tonight. Riding up to Tan Hill tomorrow and the forecast is shit anarl. This was my commute on Tuesday - Dale / deɪl on Instagram: “Well this is just taking the piss now. #outsideisfree #ducksofinstagram #sustrans #nobikesnolikes #fromwhereiride #roadslikethese #bike…”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back