2013 cycling thread -Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: 2013 cycling thread -Part III

Pleased to see it's got a heart rate monitor there Bazington ;)

I was nearly dead yesterday marra :-( - need a lifestyle change and I'm not happy with me little pot neither

get yourself on Strava aswell Baz. Its a great site to see how you progress progress.

What happened to Park like? They are fairly major roads but not too busy on a Sunday morning early doors. Those type of rides are best done on your own as they're still a bit busy to ride alongside each other. Best finding quieter country lanes when outwith others.
I never have routes planned i usually just go out on a whim and wing it. May be out tomorrow morning if you fancy?

Park came up with a lame excuse of taking daughter to pictures or something. Pathetic. Playing squash at 10 tomorrow mate, Thursday morning would be great if you can make that.

get yourself on Strava aswell Baz. Its a great site to see how you progress progress.

Park came up with a lame excuse of taking daughter to pictures or something. Pathetic. Playing squash at 10 tomorrow mate, Thursday morning would be great if you can make that.

Aye may do.

Shite excuse from Park that btw.

Well first night cycling home from work.Probably piss poor time and speed by your lots standards but proud of meself

http://app.strava.com/activities/55294710

should be a bit faster as the week goes on

nowt wrong with that mate, keep it up. I just got back into it after ages off and the first few rides are hard work, but it gets easier. Add me on strava. it makes it good and keeps you motivated to keep going.
Craig muller on strava

nowt wrong with that mate, keep it up. I just got back into it after ages off and the first few rides are hard work, but it gets easier. Add me on strava. it makes it good and keeps you motivated to keep going.
Craig muller on strava
cheers matey

Out of interest which climb on the C2C did people find hardest? None were as bad as I was expecting but probably crawleyside for me, wasn't helped by the fact it was stotting down and there was a river of gravel flowing down it at the time

Out of interest which climb on the C2C did people find hardest? None were as bad as I was expecting but probably crawleyside for me, wasn't helped by the fact it was stotting down and there was a river of gravel flowing down it at the time

Probably Crawleyside for me too but I struggled up Killhope as well. I'm not sure whether it was a fueling issue, or payback for coming down Hartside like a nutter.

Probably Crawleyside for me too but I struggled up Killhope as well. I'm not sure whether it was a fueling issue, or payback for coming down Hartside like a nutter.

Is that the climb out of Nenthead? Along with Crawleyside that wss a killer...

Is that the climb out of Nenthead? Along with Crawleyside that wss a killer...

Yeah I possibly got it's name wrong.
And Walter. I read your blog and warned you about the off toad bits on the coast and castles.
Agree on the needless detours, similar on the C2C and my ride to Hexham (Had to turn the sat nav on, on the phone in the end :oops:)

Killhope was strange, because you'd go over a steep bit, think that was it then another steep bit followed by another.
Hartside was fine( apart from the sleet)

and well Crawlwyside....;)

Gentlemen, i told you id be asking daft questions.
I got meself one of these hydration rucksacks, nowt fancy just 11 quid from tescos, but what i was going to ask is are these dissolvable tablets any good to put in?

something like this

Gentlemen, i told you id be asking daft questions.
I got meself one of these hydration rucksacks, nowt fancy just 11 quid from tescos, but what i was going to ask is are these dissolvable tablets any good to put in?

something like this

First off, you will probably need to put some milton sterilising tablets or something similar, to take the horrible taste away. I uses the SIS powder stuff but try to get it with the electrolytes in.
I don't think I've been on a ride that's been that hot or that long to use the bladder on mine for years. I just fill my drinks bottle and chuck a bottle of lucozade in the rucksack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back