2 weeks to get contracts sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Likely 8-10 we want to keep regardless of league were on. We all know who they are. A lot of dead wood like both keepers. At the end of the day as long as we have good processes and staff in comming no player is replaceable. Shame if some go but we have to do what's best for safc now and longer term.

Was mixed with many reserves. Mumba was youngest player on pitch too and schooled your team.

It doesn't matter that it had some reserves in it, the point remains - you are in a competition against clubs youngsters whilst Rangers are in Europe. The comparison is daft.

It doesn't matter that it had some reserves in it, the point remains - you are in a competition against clubs youngsters whilst Rangers are in Europe. The comparison is daft.
Their league standard is a good comparison. They get Europe because European competition given to all nations even Welsh cup entrants! Efl trophy rules were 4-5 from matchday squad had to be in squad again next game. We used reserves well that year. Doing so again now too.

The players we all want to stay, won't be in any rush to sign new contracts. They will want to know which league the club is going to be in next season first.

The players we all want to stay, won't be in any rush to sign new contracts. They will want to know which league the club is going to be in next season first.
Risky thing for them to do mate,still a huge number of players wont get a club at all.We have some reasonable players at our level but they arnt the harlem globetrotters
They'll get extensions until the end of the season..
Season will finish before their contracts expire in june 30th i think

Last edited:
Risky thing for them to do mate,still a huge number of players wont get a club at all.We have some reasonable players at our level but they arnt the harlem globetrotters

Season will finish before their contracts expire in june 30th i think

I'm only taking about the handful that we'd all probably agree on keeping...those lads will have plenty of takers mate.

Maybe but in reality there won’t be a lot of money around and in League 1 have the Salary Cap to consider. We haven’t got that many players who will be of interest to championship clubs in any event so I still think if we don’t get promoted we would still be an attractive option in League 1.

Maybe but in reality there won’t be a lot of money around and in League 1 have the Salary Cap to consider. We haven’t got that many players who will be of interest to championship clubs in any event so I still think if we don’t get promoted we would still be an attractive option in League 1.

Just off the top of my head...Hume, Diamond, Embleton and Willis could all play in the championship, they'd be a good option for the clubs going up (if we don't manage it) and teams in the lower/mid level of the championship.

I think a fair few would be happy to take a punt with little outlay.

Their league standard is a good comparison. They get Europe because European competition given to all nations even Welsh cup entrants! Efl trophy rules were 4-5 from matchday squad had to be in squad again next game. We used reserves well that year. Doing so again now too.

Rangers would absolutely smash us, don't be silly.

I would say our current squad would avoid relegation in the SPL though, so you're not a million miles off.

Mate no offence but Rangers play European football. It's world's apart. You recently played our bairns with your first team FFS.

To be fair he's right about the leagues being similar standard, yes they play European football which is a huge difference but that isn't the league.

Mate no offence but Rangers play European football. It's world's apart. You recently played our bairns with your first team FFS.

If he was actually playing regularly then I’d agree, however he’s played once in the league since early October.

I’d rather be getting games, it’s a short career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back