I think the problem is people keep comparing it to men’s football. Women and men are genetically different, you’ll never have a woman as athletic as the top male athletes in the world and hence the standard won’t be as high - that’s just scientific fact. So why try to compare the sports?

My little girl enjoys watching the women’s football, it encourages her to be whatever she wants to be and it has a good moral basis. I don’t mind it as I don’t compare it to men’s football, in the same way I don’t compare Sunderland’s football to the champions league final. I enjoy watching Sunderland more than anything because I’m more invested in it, despite the quality being absolutely awful recently, why should the women be any different?

At the end of the day what matters with football is getting too evenly matched teams, which seems to be women’s footballs biggest problem - that 13-0 game epitomises it. The standard doesn’t really matter at all so long as it’s attacking and fast paced and balanced

Dutch fans watching Holland women at the World Cup in France today...
I reckon women's football will just get bigger and bigger as time goes on

I've been watching bits of it, and there's no bullshit cheating, diving, rolling around on the floor and so on. The men's game could learn a thing or two from them.

Baffles me to be honest. I wouldn't go to the final if it was at the stadium of light.

Watch it. It's a touch like the difference between men's and women's tennis. The women's game is more fluid and in a way better to watch, and they definitely don't do all of the bullshit cheating, diving and rolling around.

Last edited:
A ‘women’s football’ thread is probably one of the easiest ways to weed out a large number of the fuckwits on this board :lol::lol:
Are you just virtue signalling? Do I want England to win? Yes. Do I watch, no I find it to slow and a bit boring.

Last edited:
Are you just virtue signalling? Do I want England to win? Yes. Do I watch, no I find it to slow and a bit boring.
Are other people allowed to watch it, and defend / advocate for watching it, without being labelled 'virtue signallers'?

Are other people allowed to watch it, and defend / advocate for watching it, without being labelled 'virtue signallers'?
Are people allowed to call it shite/boring? Yes they are, as people that don't like football in general. To 'weed out'? Yes I say 'virtue signallers' for a reason.

Are people allowed to call it shite/boring? Yes they are, as people that don't like football in general. To 'weed out'? Yes I say 'virtue signallers' for a reason.
You're just using it as lazy shorthand for someone who has a different opinion.

I've been watching bits of it, and there's no bullshit cheating, diving, rolling around on the floor and so on. The men's game could learn a thing or two from them.

Watch it. It's a touch like the difference between men's and women's tennis. The women's game is more fluid and in a way better to watch, and they definitely don't do all of the bullshit cheating, diving and rolling around.

Tennis definitely isn't as good to watch as mens. I'm not that into it now but was when I was younger. Women in it don't have the power the blokes do so the rallies often end up in a tedious game of pass. My parents and family go to Wimbledon every year and they all prefer the blokes aswell for the same reason. It's much more exciting.

You're just using it as lazy shorthand for someone who has a different opinion.
Lazy... I don't mind someone having different opinions. I'll say it yet again, to 'weed out', why use that term, because they might have an opinion that they have?

Tennis definitely isn't as good to watch as mens. I'm not that into it now but was when I was younger. Women in it don't have the power the blokes do so the rallies often end up in a tedious game of pass. My parents and family go to Wimbledon every year and they all prefer the blokes aswell for the same reason. It's much more exciting.
Totally disagree, actually think women’s tennis is better to watch live, (granted on tv men’s is more interesting) same level of skill on average and at least you can see the ball, men’s game as you say is all about power and apart from top few is all about who has the best first serve and wins most free points on that.
I go regularly and is nothing more tedious that watching say Isner or Karlovic bang down 40 or 50 aces but not have the ground strokes to break opponent and just waiting for tie break, that Isner Mahut match summed it up. Depends what part of the game you enjoy but I prefer skill to pure power.
I think the fact that Women’s tennis has its own very well supported tour and equal prize money would suggest many agree with me.
Tennis and probably athletics are 2 sports where the skill level is on a par which makes it very watchable, the women just lack a bit of power compared to the men, women’s football is decades behind in that regard.

Back