The womens game will never be as big while rampant misogyny runs through our society. If it has the exact same funding/social backing as the mens game then there’s no doubt it would be as big if not bigger. Will take years for it to get close though because women are discouraged from playing ‘manly’ sports.
You are 20 -30 years behind the times. And looking for likes too.

You are 20 -30 years behind the times. And looking for likes too.

Not sure I follow. It will take longer than that I imagine. Misogyny is a very deep rooted societal problem and will take more than a few decades to weed out.

Not sure I follow. It will take longer than that I imagine. Misogyny is a very deep rooted societal problem and will take more than a few decades to weed out.

People mistaken Misogyny for the fact womens football just simply isn't on any level close to men's football. Its really as simple as that. Yeah it might be enjoyable for certain people but it will never overcome the popularity and money mens football brings to the game.

I think women's football could become more competitive or attractive with smaller goals, pitches n what have you. But its not going to work when many feel its being force fed in the media, and it really is. That's just my opinion.

Last edited:
People mistaken Misogyny for the fact womens football just simply isn't on any level close to men's football. Its really as simple as that. Yeah it might be enjoyable for certain people but it will never overcome the popularity and money mens football brings to the game.

I think women's football could become more competitive or attractive with smaller goals, pitches n what have you. But its not going to work when many feel its being force fed in the media, and it really is. That's just my opinion.

It’s being force fed because men like you write it off as absolute shite when it’s far from it. The standard may not be quite up to the mens just yet but women playing football is a relatively new thing in this country and it will take time for funding to level the playing field.

In the meantime I applaud the likes of the BBC making promoting it a priority. Women deserve their own game on tv too.

It’s being force fed because men like you write it off as absolute shite when it’s far from it. The standard may not be quite up to the mens just yet but women playing football is a relatively new thing in this country and it will take time for funding to level the playing field.

In the meantime I applaud the likes of the BBC making promoting it a priority. Women deserve their own game on tv too.

I'm not really writing it off as such. It's my right to choose whether I enjoy it or not, and I don't.

I don't think women's football will get any bigger than it is now. The coverage it's being given and people are still unsure. Fair play to the ones who enjoy it, but it's not at the same level for me, thus making it less enjoyable.

Last edited:
I'm not really writing it off as such. It's my right to choose whether I enjoy it or not, and I don't.

Yes it is your right but you have to ask yourself are you not watching it because you don’t like it or is it because women playing football challenges your idea of what it is to be a man and a woman?

I suspect it’s the latter.

Yes it is your right but you have to ask yourself are you not watching it because you don’t like it or is it because women playing football challenges your idea of what it is to be a man and a woman?

Suspect all you want pal.. You know the square root of fuck all clearly.

Freedom of choice and enjoyment for most. Like watching England not fussed by the rest. Some won't watch it if its in their local park. Their choice.

What happened to your thread.

It was rightly removed I suspect. I think it served it’s purpose anyway because I had my mind changed by a persuasive argument which I never thought I’d see on here. Usually it’s just knacker talk or insults and abuse.

It’s good to talk with people who share a similar inclination on an intellectual level such as I.

Last edited by a moderator:
The womens game will never be as big while rampant misogyny runs through our society. If it has the exact same funding/social backing as the mens game then there’s no doubt it would be as big if not bigger. Will take years for it to get close though because women are discouraged from playing ‘manly’ sports.

Interesting Perspective, however i do think the media maybe pushing the game a bit to much at the moment, remember it took over a century for the men's game to become what it is today.

Back