10th September Stats

Pro rata it's about 2300 cases you're at 40k?
There isn’t a chance any country can avoid our numbers in the long run without keeping some form of restrictions. At least we are having them in the summer. I think we are playing it right.
I know you like to spin a positive story but let’s be realistic here. 1st August there were 5,900 in hospital. Little over a month of warm weather later we have 2,200 more people in hospital. With it predicted to get worse as the weather changes. In the last couple of hours hospitals in Cornwall have cancelled surgeries as they are overwhelmed.

There are quite a few challenges, it’s pretty much universally agreed the vaccine effectiveness is waning. The person who devised the Astra Zeneca said earlier it’s almost inevitable at some point there will be a worst mutation then Delta.

Im pretty much back to normal now for the time being but it would be naive to assume we are out the woods.

You can just argue life needs to go on as normal without spinning a yarn that the pandemic is done as all the experts are saying it evidently isn’t.
People on hospital up by a third after 6 weeks of total freedom.

Last edited:

162 patients on ventilation in the NE & Yorks. +14

37,622 cases in the UK. -4,454
147 deaths in the UK. +26
1,063 patients admitted to hospital in the UK. +78
8,098 patients in hospital in the UK. +557
1,060* patients on ventilation in the UK. +22

1,241,334 tests conducted. Last week: 1,155,929

England 7 day test positivity rate as of 04/09/21 = 7.9% -0.2

Sunderland 7 day rolling average:
364.5 cases per 100,000 using backdated data. +59.3
425.0 cases per 100,000 using daily data. +83.5

399.3 cases per 100,000 for the UK using daily data. +41.3

204,654 [84.2%] (96) people have received 1st dose of vaccination in Sunderland. +366
186,712 [76.8%] (655) people have received 2nd dose of vaccination in Sunderland. +2,247

1,944,510 [83.1%] (807) people have received 1st dose of vaccination in the NE. +4,832
1,765,744 [75.3%] (4,844) people have received 2nd dose of vaccination in the NE. +28,239

48,370,340 [89.0%] (25,774) people have received 1st dose of vaccination in the UK. +198,342
43,805,608 [80.6%] (96,702) people have received 2nd dose of vaccination in the UK. +662,861

Daily hospital admissions at over 1,000, the one and only indicator of where we are.' Not good news at all.

I agree that personal circumstances may have changed - but in terms of what we can and cannot do in our lives, everything is back as it was in Feb 2020 - apart from holiday swabbing.
Well wouldn't it be marvelous if we could just wander down to the GP's and sit in the waiting room to be seen by a doctor as we used to do. I have no idea how your practice is, but without doing an e consultation you can't get across the threshold here.

Kids been back a week and a half here in cz, 3 rounds of testing and increase has been minimal, the authorities are surprised. Cases gone up from 250 to 400+
Exponential increase starts slow and it doesn't look like anything is happening for ages. If kids aren't vaccinated over there it will take off.

There isn’t a chance any country can avoid our numbers in the long run without keeping some form of restrictions. At least we are having them in the summer. I think we are playing it right.

People on hospital up by a third after 6 weeks of total freedom.
We've no restrictions and easy travel - it'll go up no doubt but not to UK levels
Exponential increase starts slow and it doesn't look like anything is happening for ages. If kids aren't vaccinated over there it will take off.
We'll see but kids have been in summer camps together for 2 month, they're happy with the numbers from the first 10 days testing at school so who knows.

Fwiw I think it will rise to maybe 2-3k cases but they'll increase the fines and policing - you're supposed to have been vacced or have a neg test to go most places now - I've been checked twice and I'm out every night.

Last edited:
Well wouldn't it be marvelous if we could just wander down to the GP's and sit in the waiting room to be seen by a doctor as we used to do. I have no idea how your practice is, but without doing an e consultation you can't get across the threshold here.
Blame the GPs.

They have no reason to do that.

Lockdown as it was last March.

The only thing in our life that has changed is that it’s a hassle going on holiday.

There is nothing else COVID related that is different to last February. Even isolation/stay away laws for certain illnesses, such as diarrhea for food handlers, were in place prior to then, so that’s not even new - a new disease has been added to the list.
You obviously haven't tried to get a doctors appointment recently, tried to see a dentist, know anyone that works for the NHS or in a comprehensive school or college.

We've no restrictions and easy travel - it'll go up no doubt but not to UK levels
Why not? Because you have already had cases? More jabs? Less social contact?
We'll see but kids have been in summer camps together for 2 month, they're happy with the numbers from the first 10 days testing at school so who knows.

Fwiw I think it will rise to maybe 2-3k cases but they'll increase the fines and policing - you're supposed to have been vacced or have a neg test to go most places now - I've been checked twice and I'm out every night.
I thought you said there was no restrictions?

Last edited:
Why not? Because you have already had cases? More jabs? Less social contact?

I thought you said there was no restrictions?
There's literally no restrictions it's all a token gesture/threat by the gov. Anyone can do anything ATM - it's basically letting people live with it as it is - and tbh it's lovely.

As for cases I'm not sure, people blame schools but kids have been together in camps of 20+ since early July so you'd think that would have triggered it - more likely people coming back from hols but then again 60% plus are double jabbed and kids are tested regular

There's literally no restrictions it's all a token gesture/threat by the gov. Anyone can do anything ATM - it's basically letting people live with it as it is - and tbh it's lovely.

As for cases I'm not sure, people blame schools but kids have been together in camps of 20+ since early July so you'd think that would have triggered it - more likely people coming back from hols but then again 60% plus are double jabbed and kids are tested regular
We have plenty people jabbed. We pulled the plaster off and people are going to get it. It will inevitably flare up and unless restrictions are put in place the numbers will be similar. Unless there are significant differences between the various populations.
It’s just a numbers game. We may be just a bit more crazy. I got it last weekend jumping about in some tents with a few thousand others. Missus was less than impressed.

We have plenty people jabbed. We pulled the plaster off and people are going to get it. It will inevitably flare up and unless restrictions are put in place the numbers will be similar. Unless there are significant differences between the various populations.
It’s just a numbers game. We may be just a bit more crazy. I got it last weekend jumping about in some tents with a few thousand others. Missus was less than impressed.
I bet she was chuffed 😂

Population spread may help like, the early lift of stuff in the uk is either gonna be genius or horrific with nothing between mind. Personally I think it was a touch early but the right thing to do

I bet she was chuffed 😂

Population spread may help like, the early lift of stuff in the uk is either gonna be genius or horrific with nothing between mind. Personally I think it was a touch early but the right thing to do
Luckily my sister in London got it at the same time and she goes nowhere 😀
I think we got this one right. Vaccinated people get it. Some of them will die. Cases are irrelevant if hospitals can cope.

Luckily my sister in London got it at the same time and she goes nowhere 😀
I think we got this one right. Vaccinated people get it. Some of them will die. Cases are irrelevant if hospitals can cope.
Agree completely, they're changing the metrics over here to hospitalisations shortly they say

I don’t agree. Imagine a COVID outbreak taking out an entire doctor’s surgery…thousands, possibly tens of thousands of patients whose care would be impacted

I disagree.

A GP should be at no more risk than any other worker.

Nobody should be presenting at a GP with COVID symptoms.

I disagree.

A GP should be at no more risk than any other worker.

Nobody should be presenting at a GP with COVID symptoms.

You only have to look on here to see the mentality of some folk man

I had someone yesterday came in for medication - screened at the door denied being ill. He isnt vaccinated and after a minute started coughing his guts out

'Oh yeah Ive been ill for a few days but I cant possibly have Covid' - thankfully was negative otherwise we would have had to close

I am also designated GP for a local care home for Covid

I would place myself at a level of risk that anyone who has to deal with the public is at possibly a little higher

Also over here it was mandated that we couldnt see people without a screening call first

You only have to look on here to see the mentality of some folk man

I had someone yesterday came in for medication - screened at the door denied being ill. He isnt vaccinated and after a minute started coughing his guts out

'Oh yeah Ive been ill for a few days but I cant possibly have Covid' - thankfully was negative otherwise we would have had to close

I am also designated GP for a local care home for Covid

I would place myself at a level of risk that anyone who has to deal with the public is at possibly a little higher

Also over here it was mandated that we couldnt see people without a screening call first
People like him should be executed for selfishness and being a thickie

Back