10th September Stats

You only have to look on here to see the mentality of some folk man

I had someone yesterday came in for medication - screened at the door denied being ill. He isnt vaccinated and after a minute started coughing his guts out

'Oh yeah Ive been ill for a few days but I cant possibly have Covid' - thankfully was negative otherwise we would have had to close

I am also designated GP for a local care home for Covid

I would place myself at a level of risk that anyone who has to deal with the public is at possibly a little higher

Also over here it was mandated that we couldnt see people without a screening call first
You're right.

You shouldn't be put at greater risk because of the stupid people in the public.

Not sure what the logistics would be for LFTs for patients before entering a surgery to make sure face to face appointments can go ahead.

There is a short, slight but clear downturn in cases over the last few days, with reported cases being below the 7 day average for 3 of the last 4 days. The one that was above average was catch-up Tuesday where it was only 50 over. Too early to say if this is the start of something or just a blip but a little encouragement.

Hit 89% on first vaccinations of over 16s. Another milestone. We are getting very close to having two thirds of the whole population (of any age) completely done. Perhaps in the next week.

I disagree.

A GP should be at no more risk than any other worker.

Nobody should be presenting at a GP with COVID symptoms.

But one asymptomatic person can easily spread it around, especially the delta variant.

A GP would be seeing a lot of people throughout the day. Lots of potential interactions with lots of vulnerable patients to then pass it on to.

As has been posted on the other threads, it’s the unvaccinated making a massive contribution to these figures.

Selfish wankers.
Where I live, Peterborough, there was a study on people and areas and the percentage of uptake in each area. Only 45% of the predominantly Asian community areas have been jabbed. f***ing scandalous.

Where I live, Peterborough, there was a study on people and areas and the percentage of uptake in each area. Only 45% of the predominantly Asian community areas have been jabbed. f***ing scandalous.

It’s a challenge that’s been acknowledged and I don’t think there’s an easy answer. Certain communities are very sceptical. It’s all about getting the message across.

But one asymptomatic person can easily spread it around, especially the delta variant.

A GP would be seeing a lot of people throughout the day. Lots of potential interactions with lots of vulnerable patients to then pass it on to.
Im all for dealing with as much as they can over the phone, it makes sense. Our doctors take the piss tho, our 2 year old daughter has been unwell recently and they just won’t see her, all they go off is our description of what’s wrong with her but we’re obviously not experts and there has been no improvement in the things that’s been bothering her. There has to be a balance and some people need to be seen in person.

Im all for dealing with as much as they can over the phone, it makes sense. Our doctors take the piss tho, our 2 year old daughter has been unwell recently and they just won’t see her, all they go off is our description of what’s wrong with her but we’re obviously not experts and there has been no improvement in the things that’s been bothering her. There has to be a balance and some people need to be seen in person.
There will always be a few who take the piss but by and large most have done what you say. I work from home 2 days a week on the phone and in the clinic 3 days with about 50/50 in person to phone consults.

I prefer to see people my backs killing me from sitting on my arse all day 😂

There will always be a few who take the piss but by and large most have done what you say. I work from home 2 days a week on the phone and in the clinic 3 days with about 50/50 in person to phone consults.

I prefer to see people my backs killing me from sitting on my arse all day 😂
Aye, I’m sure most have been fine, so I decided to buck an smb trend and not assume my personal experience mirrors the wider world. :lol: Next time my doctors do it I’ll be insisting on a face to face appointment.

Back