100 Greatest Britons

Anyone remember this BBC Programme from the turn of the millenium?

I think its aged a bit already. David Beckham 33 and Robbie Williams 77 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why Diana made the top 100 let alone top 3 is beyond me but I'm sure many disagree.

I think Tim Berners Lee would probably be much higher now given how the internet has probably become the most pervading invention of our time.

What would you change and who would you remove or include?
The great British publics voting in that explains Brexit and the Tory party success somewhat.

I remember it. A celebrity each had a contender to talk about. Iirc Mo Mowlem had Churchill. Alan Davies proper spat his dummy out when it was clear his choice of Lennon wasn’t going to win

Elizabeth II would be much higher now; also wild that Darwin is behind Princess Diana as much as I’m fond of her.

An absolute disgrace is Boy George being (on at all) at 48 and Freddy Mercury at 56.

JK Rowling at 86 trails most of the ridiculous entries which would also surely be different now.

Last edited:
Elizabeth II would be much higher now; also wild that Darwin is behind Princess Diana as much as I’m fond of her.

An absolute disgrace is Boy George being (on at all) at 48 and Freddy Mercury at 56.

JK Rowling at 86 trails most of the ridiculous entries which would also surely be different now.

Boy George beat Freddie 🤣🤣🤣

I'm not fussed, just like that he gave so little notice he moved them both into his house
Nelson's actions in Naples were a disgrace but little known today. An agreement was signed with Neapolitan patriots and the French for their safe conduct to France on condition of their suurender. However, as soon as they left the garrison, he had them locked up and many sentenced to death. A great betrayal and dishonorable thing to do.
My granda worked down a mine while this chancer lived a life of luxury from birth to death

Know which one I’d consider great
That's not exactly true. He served front line duty in WWl facing continual shelling for periods and was a prisoner of war in the Boer War.

Last edited:
I feel there should be some form of qualification needed to be allowed to vote.

There are far too many people on this sceptered isle that I would not trust with a box of matches let alone voting on something like this.

What’s worse is the same people get to vote in our General Election.

God help us.

Back