1 in 3 households have less than 1k in savings

It is for most people. You can buy a phone for £250 that can do everything an iPhone can, for the everyday things that the majority of us use a mobile for. It's only really high end users who really notice the difference.
£250 or £1250? It's a fairly straightforward choice for me.
A £150 phone will do everything a £250 one will.

It is for most people. You can buy a phone for £250 that can do everything an iPhone can, for the everyday things that the majority of us use a mobile for. It's only really high end users who really notice the difference.

Once this phone gives out, I'll be going with some cheaper alternative to what I currently have (not even a great phone in the first place). Big tech companies can fuck themselves for their opposition to consumer right to repair.

Just read the first page here but can we stop calling cheques, checks ffs?

We're not quite the 51st state, yet. 😕

You can a refurbished / perfectly fine functioning iPhone SE , 2 year old for £100.

Does absolutely everything functionality wise that the new ones going for £1250 a pop do as you mention.

Agreed mind, bonkers what some people pay for them.

Once this phone gives out, I'll be going with some cheaper alternative to what I currently have (not even a great phone in the first place). Big tech companies can fuck themselves for their opposition to consumer right to repair.
Seriously, for everyday needs, most people wouldn't know the difference between a £200 phone and a £1200 one.

Then you can get a monthly non contract sim for very little money. £1000 per year saved for every person in the household there, quite easily, if they usually have a daft contract.

Seriously, for everyday needs, most people wouldn't know the difference between a £200 phone and a £1200 one.

Then you can get a monthly non contract sim for very little money. £1000 per year saved for every person in the household there, quite easily, if they usually have a daft contract.

£200 phone, £5 per month contract, less if you can be bothered switching networks every few months.

Canny saving over 2 years.

Last edited:
So possibly one of them at twice the price of the one he quoted?
50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.56", 1.0µm, multi-directional PDAF, OIS
13 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), PDAF, 2x optical zoom
16 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide)
2 MP, f/2.4, (maco)

whatever that all means
So possibly one of them at twice the price of the one he quoted?
I think you need to be looking at about £150-£200.

Last edited:
Of course. There’s plenty of high spec phones for a few hundred or less. It just all boils down to what people want to spend their cash on.
Specs don't tell the whole story but that aside, the SMB has an obsession with telling people how to spend their money and how to use things. Your phone only needs to make calls and texts (that hardly anybody does now) and browse the SMB. Don't need a watch as your phone tells the time. Don't need a remote control for the telly as you can walk over and switch the channels. A pedal car does the same job as a Ferrari.

Specs don't tell the whole story but that aside, the SMB has an obsession with telling people how to spend their money and how to use things. Your phone only needs to make calls and texts (that hardly anybody does now) and browse the SMB. Don't need a watch as your phone tells the time. Don't need a remote control for the telly as you can walk over and switch the channels. A pedal car does the same job as a Ferrari.
Did you spend a load on your phone there mate? ;)

They don’t - but you listed specs, so I just said you could get what you asked for..

Everyone loves to tell others how to spend their money, you are bang on.

The cheap phones, with similar “specs” are a load of shite, but people will try tell us otherwise.

They don’t - but you listed specs, so I just said you could get what you asked for..

Everyone loves to tell others how to spend their money, you are bang on.

The cheap phones, with similar “specs” are a load of shite, but people will try tell us otherwise.
What's shite about them?

Mine runs nice and fast. It's got a decent chip set, 12gb ram.

Back