1 in 3 households have less than 1k in savings

Cos the, lets call them people for the sake of argument, who have control of the funds know that every time they release some into the wild the cannon-fodder will largely spend, spend, spend. We’re only keeping it warm for them. Even “savings” that are substantial to anyone with a real necessary job are accountably insignificant and in the long term will come back.
A bit like flogging off the utilities, aunty doris buys a few shares but in time they all end up back where they should be and the status quo is maintained. Very little interferes with the status quo.

I think there's a fair few living in debt. Cars, holidays, credit cards, what happens when their paycheck to paycheck stops?
I reckon that would be much more telling. Is going to be a hell of a lot of households with debts for things you’ve listed that are 10 times what savings they have in the bank.

I think there's a fair few living in debt. Cars, holidays, credit cards, what happens when their paycheck to paycheck stops?

Yeah there are some living like that but cold hard facts are people are economically worse than they were 30 years ago yet people in their 60s love to sneer at young people but would be up in arms if there state pension was took away.

Divide and conquer at it's finest the government are to blame

Cars aren't really a luxury, they're pretty much essential for many.

Two cars were essential for my household pre Covid.
Getting to work wouldn't have been possible otherwise. Well it wold have, but it would have taken hours instead of minutes and would have cost about the same anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Back