👀 Tim Martin’s wallet.

He’s a man complaining about the rising cost of living, after vehemently supporting Brexit and ending freedom of movement despite the benefits that had clearly given him for years. Yes, I do think he’s very much part of the problem. Layer on how he treated staff during the pandemic, and he’s the sort of self serving parasite that needs to be gone from modern business.

It’s still possible to have sympathy for the thousands of who are potentially out of work, these things aren’t mutually exclusive.
Careful involving the poster you quoted .

He said. “If someone offers you a job at supermarket, and you think it’s a good idea take it” they were the only places open at the time.
It was at the beginning of the lockdown and it was uncertain what was happening. I couldn’t and still can’t understand what was really wrong with what he said.
I don’t know maybe, pay his staff in the first place until the government support package came online, after all he’s worth 40 million, maybe people wouldn’t consider him a total knob otherwise.

Tim Martin won’t give a flying fûck, it’s a drop in the ocean for him probably. It will, however, affect the thousands employed by him. I think people haven’t read the full statement, in context, regarding working in supermarkets during the pandemic. Don’t see what’s the celebrate here.

Tim Martin won’t give a flying fûck, it’s a drop in the ocean for him probably. It will, however, affect the thousands employed by him. I think people haven’t read the full statement, in context, regarding working in supermarkets during the pandemic. Don’t see what’s the celebrate here.
Nothing to celebrate but the irony is strong with his well known political opinions

Of course it will affect those who will need the money most

Maybe delivering on levelling up and a high wage economy may actually be delivered. It was promised at the last election

He employs thousands and pays millions in taxes. Not to mention the taxes his employers pay. Let's hope he goes under the country will be a better place without him, eh.
No he does not. He pays his staff and THEY pay millions in taxes. Annoys the hell out of me when employers boast about how much tax they contribute when its actually coming out of their employees wages.

No he does not. He pays his staff and THEY pay millions in taxes. Annoys the hell out of me when employers boast about how much tax they contribute when its actually coming out of their employees wages.
Exactly. He’s not using that old one. Classic avoidance bullshit

They will never accept error, like Johnson himself and all these wanting the job

All complicit but acting as if nothing has happened these last bloody 12 years

Remoaners celebrating the possibility of working class folk losing jobs 😲
Not really. You not understand the irony of this after his well known political comments?

He wanted staff from the eu to comeback never mind working class folk of this country who wouldn’t work for him unless they were at a desperate point

He would undercut ordinary working class folk of this country any day of the week

Only brexshitters still won’t understand this

Not really. You not understand the irony of this after his well known political comments?

He wanted staff from the eu to comeback never mind working class folk of this country who wouldn’t work for him unless they were at a desperate point

He would undercut ordinary working class folk of this country any day of the week

Only brexshitters still won’t understand this
Understanding it won't affect him personally but most probably will his staff.... crackers

Understanding it won't affect him personally but most probably will his staff.... crackers
Well then why would that be? What’s happened to the levelling up and high wage economy the tories won an election on?

He would undercut any wage or condition he could.

The government allow employers like him to do it. That’s who you need to be questioning as to why, when they promised the exact opposite

While I don’t agree with his politics or not really a big fan of his pubs anymore, this isn’t exactly news that we should be celebrating. It’s going to be bloody tough for pubs, especially with the rise in gas and electric, effecting the pubs running costs and how much disposable cash people will have to get a few pints.

Well then why would that be? What’s happened to the levelling up and high wage economy the tories won an election on?

He would undercut any wage or condition he could.

The government allow employers like him to do it. That’s who you need to be questioning as to why, when they promised the exact opposite
Owa ya heed.... normal people will feel the blunt of this and schmucks like you are owa the moon because ya lost a vote and want to say a told ya so, by celebrating the possible loss of income/jobs many working class will endure makes you look like a tory

Back