🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England Women v Sri Lanka Women 🇱🇰 T20s & ODIs

sweeping generalisation, last years game seemed better attended and if anything since then womens circket has moved on in popularity

doubt it
It's not sweeping generalisation at all. If people were interested they would turn up and watch it. That attendance on Saturday suggests very few are interested. They dished out a load of free tickets also

It's not sweeping generalisation at all. If people were interested they would turn up and watch it. That attendance on Saturday suggests very few are interested. They dished out a load of free tickets also
i dont think its a point of peolpe arent interested though, Womens cricket is clearly on the rise, yet for some reason more people turned out last year on a wet miserable saturday with it doubtful we'd even see any play than a scorching hot day this year, im inclined to think its the format

i dont think its a point of peolpe arent interested though, Womens cricket is clearly on the rise, yet for some reason more people turned out last year on a wet miserable saturday with it doubtful we'd even see any play than a scorching hot day this year, im inclined to think its the format
T20 game thou against a better opposition with plenty India supporters attending

cant be that surely when every club with a womens team got given 50 to dish out
I got dropped off and joined the queue at 9.50am, yes a queue, to get in. One lady with girl's team was telling another wifey that she had just rung up during the week and asked for 88 tickets instead of 50 and got them without bother. Other than some who had obviously accompanied girls who were on the field between innings, I saw precious little evidence of large groups from girl's clubs.
A mixture of weather, 50 over too long and maybe ticket price at £15 and £5
I got an email with a promo code to get adults tickets for £5.

I got dropped off and joined the queue at 9.50am, yes a queue, to get in. One lady with girl's team was telling another wifey that she had just rung up during the week and asked for 88 tickets instead of 50 and got them without bother. Other than some who had obviously accompanied girls who were on the field between innings, I saw precious little evidence of large groups from girl's clubs.

Any idea of attendance?

Yes clubs with girls and women sections were given 50 free tickets same as last year
Durham are more intrested in girls hard ball cricket than promoting any other form of female cricket, womens softball is more popular with other county boards around the vountry and a lot more participants than in Durham which there's only around 6 teams, the 2 counties north and south of Durham in NYSD and Northumberland have 2 divisions of teams

i saw some Girls from Northumberland Cricket board as a few know my daughter and i saw the kids From Wearmouth that was about it as far as larger groups, last year theres was loads of teams you could see sat in their kit in groups

the last Saturday of the local cricket season wasn't it? also first saturday of the girls football season

So a few things which would have affected attendence for families

Yes clubs with girls and women sections were given 50 free tickets same as last year
Durham are more intrested in girls hard ball cricket than promoting any other form of female cricket, womens softball is more popular with other county boards around the vountry and a lot more participants than in Durham which there's only around 6 teams, the 2 counties north and south of Durham in NYSD and Northumberland have 2 divisions of teams
theres only 9 Hardball womens teams though

Ive seen an increase in Girls Softball teams however this needs to be looked at closely, im sure that the cricket board had funding to create these teams yet some Clubs entered league with no intention of fielding teams, wonder where that money went "Cough (overseas pro) Cough"

theres only 9 Hardball womens teams though

Ive seen an increase in Girls Softball teams however this needs to be looked at closely, im sure that the cricket board had funding to create these teams yet some Clubs entered league with no intention of fielding teams, wonder where that money went "Cough (overseas pro) Cough"
A lot more hardball teams including girls age groups than softball

A lot more hardball teams including girls age groups than softball
looks about equal on the league site, 6 age group hard ball leagues and 6 soft, but looks as though softball stops at U13's until you get to womens teams, nothing for 15 & 17's

Do need more though no reason why all clubs couldnt field a team made up of parents and Juniors, a lot of the leagues are only 8 a side

My club got 50 tickets and we haven’t got a female section. I’d hazard a guess it was all clubs registered to Durham CB or maybe clubs with a junior section too. I didn’t realise my club had tickets until the day after speaking to a junior at our game who I seen at the women’s game. So I wonder if some of the clubs that got comp tickets didn’t even bother at all.

Back