🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England v New Zealand 🇳🇿 3rd ODI - The Oval

People laughed when it was suggested that he should be in the T20 side before last years World Cup
I don't think people laughed. But people at the time(myself included) questioned his record and why was he giving up ODI over T20. Was fair to comment he'd not performed well for England in T20I.

But it didn't matter cos he showed up in the final group game and the Final doing sensible hold the innings together knocks and saw us home in both games and we won the trophy.

He's a matchwinner and a good thing peoples views on the internet are irrelevant.

I don't think people laughed. But people at the time(myself included) questioned his record and why was he giving up ODI over T20. Was fair to comment he'd not performed well for England in T20I.

But it didn't matter cos he showed up in the final group game and the Final doing sensible hold the innings together knocks and saw us home in both games and we won the trophy.

He's a matchwinner and a good thing peoples views on the internet are irrelevant.

Actually think this is his best format
I like to think of them more like Scooby Doo and Shaggy

Just a reminder you’d drop bairstow for and Duckett and pretend you support brazil

Atkinson isn’t as fast as he was portrayed in the 16.4 (nee way he ever actually hit 94mph), but I love his run up and action. There’s almost a little bit of Archer in it in that he doesn’t look like someone who’s bowling at nearly 90mph but seems to do it so effortlessly.

Actually think this is his best format

Just a reminder you’d drop bairstow for and Duckett and pretend you support brazil
Yep it definitely is. Suits his tempo better.

His best innings in any format, normally come when he starts slow or relatively slow and explodes later on.

Granted he can also fly from the start.
Ali, rashid, Curran, woakes, wood, topley

First choice attack?
Livingstone will be at 6, so you couldn't play all of them.

Last edited:
Yep it definitely is. Suits his tempo better.

His best innings in any format, normally come when he starts slow or relatively slow and explodes later on.

Granted he can also fly from the start.

Livingstone will be at 6, so you couldn't play all of them.

Yeah not sure what I was an about there like

Curran will play but topley will take more wickets

Yeah not sure what I was an about there like

Curran will play but topley will take more wickets
Do we need Ali though, Rashid/Livingstone/Root could be enough at a lot of grounds.

It's India not Bangladesh/Sri Lanka where you definitely need 2 frontline of which Livingstone is arguably not.

Shall be interesting to see how they want the makeup of the side.

Do we need Ali though, Rashid/Livingstone/Root could be enough at a lot of grounds.

It's India not Bangladesh/Sri Lanka where you definitely need 2 frontline of which Livingstone is arguably not.

Shall be interesting to see how they want the makeup of the side.
yeah we defs do like

you need more bowlers and options, and changes if someone is targetted etc

Back