🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England v New Zealand 🇳🇿 3rd ODI - The Oval

I don't think people laughed. But people at the time(myself included) questioned his record and why was he giving up ODI over T20. Was fair to comment he'd not performed well for England in T20I.

But it didn't matter cos he showed up in the final group game and the Final doing sensible hold the innings together knocks and saw us home in both games and we won the trophy.

He's a matchwinner and a good thing peoples views on the internet are irrelevant.

Someone on here definitely laughed. I won’t name names, but a post of mine suggesting stokes should play was replied to with “Stokes :lol::lol:

Atkinson isn’t as fast as he was portrayed in the 16.4 (nee way he ever actually hit 94mph), but I love his run up and action. There’s almost a little bit of Archer in it in that he doesn’t look like someone who’s bowling at nearly 90mph but seems to do it so effortlessly.
He definitely seems a bit slower than he was, maybe it was just hitting a bit of form in the Hundred.

Still a very good bowler, mind. Must be ridiculously difficult to consistently hit top speeds, Wood is incredible.

Back