🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England v New Zealand 🇳🇿 1st ODI - Sophia Gardens

I don’t think he is shit mate, far from it and I am not a knocker, However I do think Brook is a better player and definitely in my opinion has more potential and talent going forward.

Like I tried to allude to in the last post, Brook is too good a player to leave out of the squad.

Malan record is very very good, but it’s not always about records it’s sometimes about current form and been dropped from his hundred side ( all be it a different format) is a indication of that form, while Brook is the opposite on the rise.

Personally I would drop Roy anyway before Malan
Tbf we are playing in a 50 over world cup not a 100 ball tournament. There's a big difference in game management etc. His list a record isn't even that impressive, and on the back of a poor IPL season. Don't think he's in massively better form than Malan all things considered. I think he's a better bet than Livingston though who is starting to just become a slogger across the line

I don’t think he is shit mate, far from it and I am not a knocker, However I do think Brook is a better player and definitely in my opinion has more potential and talent going forward.

Like I tried to allude to in the last post, Brook is too good a player to leave out of the squad.

Malan record is very very good, but it’s not always about records it’s sometimes about current form and been dropped from his hundred side ( all be it a different format) is a indication of that form, while Brook is the opposite on the rise.

Personally I would drop Roy anyway before Malan
Well if we back ourselves to go in with just the 5 frontline bowlers and Root.

Then we can get him in the team. On this showing though is that the right thing.

Again Stokes inclusion kind of causes an issue just as much as we gain from it.

Rehan would have been ideal in this game in hindsight.

Bowling poor overall, Wood in for Topley would likely have turned it in our favour.

I seem to remember we were a bit shit leading up to last year's T20 World Cup as well
At the same time as me just being critical of the bowling.Bilaterals are irrelevant in the scheme of things.

India are absolutely class in bilaterals and then they haven't won an ICC event since I was at school. Despite having two of the best players of all time in Kohli and Rohit. Albeit it could finally change

White ball team has gone noticeably backwards since Bayliss. Fifth in the rankings now.
Certainly in 50 overs, when we've bothered to play them. I still feel that the ECB's attitude to the format domestically has a lot to do with it as well
Anyone blamed county cricket yet?
Perhaps if there was a credible first team county 50 over competition...

Last edited:
Woakes
Wood
Curran
Rashid
Thats my 4 bowlers id be starting, number 7/8 (depending on where Curran bats) is between Ali or Willey, or (Woakes at 8) with Atkinson or Topely in.
Feels like we are an Archer short of having a world cup winning bowling attack.

Back