🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England v New Zealand 🇳🇿 1st ODI - Sophia Gardens

Livingstone is such an ugly batsman mind.

Be nice for him to try and not just destroy every ball onto the legside.

When he connects it’s massive but his timing is generally shite. Premeditates it a lot.
Aye, I'm not a massive fan either. I think he's been hyped up so much by the media to be this enormous hitter that it's gone to his head to the point he just tries and blasts every ball.

Timing.. just as he hits a 4 to the off-side :lol:
Like he wanted to make me look silly. But he’s limits himself as a player, it’s frustrating as he’s better than what he does.

Doull was echoing my thoughts the other day.

Reminds me a lot of David Wiley a destructive opening bat in white ball cricket but playing for England always tried to hit the ball too hard and failed time and time again.

Livingstone has definitely proved himself more capable than Willey. As Wiley pulls one for four along the deck:eek:

Like he wanted to make me look silly. But he’s limits himself as a player, it’s frustrating as he’s better than what he does.

Doull was echoing my thoughts the other day.

Reminds me a lot of David Wiley a destructive opening bat in white ball cricket but playing for England always tried to hit the ball too hard and failed time and time again.

Livingstone has definitely proved himself more capable than Willey. As Wiley pulls one for four along the deck:eek:
I agree like, he does try and hit too hard which makes it easier for a bowler to trap him. I’m not really a fan, but he’s done well today.

I agree like, he does try and hit too hard which makes it easier for a bowler to trap him. I’m not really a fan, but he’s done well today.
He has and has Willey.

Hopefully they keep it up. Mind i've got visions of Willey being kicked out of the squad for Brook.

He has and has Willey.

Hopefully they keep it up. Mind i've got visions of Willey being kicked out of the squad for Brook.
I doubt it as they’ll be losing a valuable bowling option. I’d swap Willey for little Curran though as his variations could be useful when a game is tight at the end.

So Nasser just said he'd go

Roy/Malan
Bairstow
Root
Stokes
Buttler
Brook

So we're giving Root 10 overs a game then :lol: :lol:
Edit I can't count.

Last edited:
I think if Brook comes in for anyone it has to be livingstone. Though his performances so far in to one day formats against NZ haven't been overly consistent with only one good innings (granted it was a brilliant knock)
Some pretty poor bowling here as well. Doesn't look as good as an attack we had in 2019

Last edited:
Tidy over from Gus. Bit unlucky with the wide imo, batsman moved right across otherwise it would have hit him directly.

Why I've found the clamour around him daft and bizarre.

He's only getting in the side if he replaces one of the openers and he's never opened before in List A cricket. Mental to say he's better suited to job to Roy/Malan/Bairstow off absolutely nothing to back it up.

Our top 5 is class someone good will miss out regardless.

Our issue is the make up of the side 6 down.

Livingstone seems to have developed the Willey problem of trying to hit the ball too hard all of the time.

Moeen has been crap for England in white ball for ages.

Do you play 3 spinners or use curran as the all rounder at 7. Then which pacemen do you pick 8-10.
I respectfully don’t agree mate, if the top five were in brilliant form, or the form they were 4 years ago, would agree.

But don’t think they are, especially Roy and Malan.

I honestly think potential and gut feelings about a player sometimes has to trump previous records.

In the same way Rooney and Owen broke in England football sides at such a young age at 18 replacing very good players with good records, sometimes players are too good and too talented to leave out the side and imo Brook falls into that category.

I respectfully don’t agree mate, if the top five were in brilliant form, or the form they were 4 years ago, would agree.

But don’t think they are, especially Roy and Malan.

I honestly think potential and gut feelings about a player sometimes has to trump previous records.

In the same way Rooney and Owen broke in England football sides at such a young age at 18 replacing very good players with good records, sometimes players are too good and too talented to leave out the side and imo Brook falls into that category.
Malan has been our best batsman in odi cricket over the past couple of years. Averaged 59 last year and averaging 62 this year, absolutely no idea what else he needs to do. Could average 150 at the World Cup and people would still call him shite. Brook is a middle order player as well, he is competing against Stokes/Livingstone

Malan has been our best batsman in odi cricket over the past couple of years. Averaged 59 last year and averaging 62 this year, absolutely no idea what else he needs to do. Could average 150 at the World Cup and people would still call him shite. Brook is a middle order player as well, he is competing against Stokes/Livingstone
I don’t think he is shit mate, far from it and I am not a knocker, However I do think Brook is a better player and definitely in my opinion has more potential and talent going forward.

Like I tried to allude to in the last post, Brook is too good a player to leave out of the squad.

Malan record is very very good, but it’s not always about records it’s sometimes about current form and been dropped from his hundred side ( all be it a different format) is a indication of that form, while Brook is the opposite on the rise.

Personally I would drop Roy anyway before Malan

Last edited:

Back