★★★ SAFC vs Spurs Match Thread ★★★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurs are a top side - slowly gelling after spending on nearly 100m of talent - we have we have to be happy with 1-1 at half time and 2-2 and FT.

Decent enough result, still worry about us long term

Really? I think I'd be a lot more worried if I were a Scum or WBA fan to be honest...Rodwell and Alvarez needs some games under their belts and we either need one of our 3 strikers to hit some form or buy or loan a new one in the Jan Window - but we look a mid table side to me this year - we certainly have decent fighting spirit and never roll over...

No idea how we got a point but very happy with that.

We look so much better when we up the tempo. Just wish we didn't have to go behind to do so.

I know it was late in the game and there was more space but really liked the look of Gomez. Might be worth trying him over Rodwell who looks well of the pace.

Not only did he try and beat a player, he actually did beat a player. Time and time again I've seen our players try and beat a man, lose the ball and fuck it up, but Alvarez seems to have the pace and touch to do so. Though I didn't see the first 20 minutes and people were complaining about him a canny bit before I started watching.
He was canny. Really hope he can be a match winner though.

Definitely has the touch and sexy footwork like.

No idea how we got a point but very happy with that.

We look so much better when we up the tempo. Just wish we didn't have to go behind to do so.

I know it was late in the game and there was more space but really liked the look of Gomez. Might be worth trying him over Rodwell who looks well of the pace.

We almost won it too! :lol::lol:

But we struggled badly there, a point was a great result considering we looked amateurish for much of that game.

Thought O'Shea and Brown were outstanding.

Bit of a bad day at the office for Vergini though and the midfield, but they're under orders to stand off tbf, clearly.

Scammed a point and nearly all 3! Nice the way we kept going.
Spurs are very good and you can see the influence of the coach - they're like Southampton last season with that high press, but with better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back