★★★ SAFC vs Man Utd Match Thread ★★★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did everyone forget who we had in our squad? If AJ is injured then it's just about our strongest team. No need to be worried about Rooney, Mata etc. they have been poor & may well be again. They will have us beat before kick off if our players are thinking like this also.

I reckon we've got every chance at home, their confidence won't be the best at the moment. I'm not expecting an easy game, but we might as well have a go at them.

Who dares wins.

I hope that they look as unsure with their back 3 system as they did against Swansea.

We'd lack width then. Against Utd's new system using the whole pitch and getting your full backs and wide strikers to get past Utd's wing backs leaves their defence in a right problem. This formation LVG is using is easily beatable.

Spot on, buckley & wickham need to get at them as much as possible. We have a good chance if they can

On paper we look second best but as long as we play with pride it's all I ask for. SAFC forever. Ha'way the Lads!

• SUNDERLAND: Mannone, Vergini, van Aanholt, Brown, O'Shea, Cattermole, Larsson, Rodwell, Buckley, Wickham, Fletcher
  • MAN UNITED: De Gea, Blackett, Jones, Smalling, Valencia, Young, Cleverley, Fletcher, Mata, Rooney (c), van Persie
  • Referee: Martin Atkinson

United had a much stronger team in May when we bummed them at Old Trafford.

fletcher wickham buckley.

vs

van persie rooney mata.

wouldn't be so bad if wickham looked arsed down the left, buckley being an unknown at this point and fletcher being incapable of producing anything himself.
I thought Wickham looked arsed down the left against WBA, just not exactly effective.

I hope that they look as unsure with their back 3 system as they did against Swansea.

It'll be interesting to see if Buckley has a go at running at Blackett and testing him, if he gets the better of him it'll unsettle his confidence a bit. I really hope they put in the a similar performance like as they did against Swansea.

will be interesting if the back for manu don't hold it they don't have any way of correcting it... lets hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back