•••the first goal•••

Status
Not open for further replies.

offmenut

Striker
Instead of going on about if it was correct( it wasn't) or incorrect, they should have talked about the real reason why situations like this haven't happened before.
Because it is bad sportsmanship, disgusting behaviour, akin to arsenal when they played sheff united in the cup, and nearly all proffessional footballers wouldn't try to claim an unfair advantage in this way by conning the ref.

Dude you are off your nut.

It wasn't unsporting. Torres looked to see what the referee was wanting then played on.

He gets paid to do a job, which he correctly did.

The only one to blame here is Michael Turner for being a dumbass.

How are you people so blind to see what is correct and what is deemed as fair in your head?

If it was the other way around do you think you'd be like I wish DB hadn't scored that goal. Doesn't matter that it cost us 60Million quid.

It wasn't unsporting. Torres looked to see what the referee was wanting then played on.

How are you people so blind to see what is correct and what is deemed as fair in your head?

If it was the other way around do you think you'd be like I wish DB hadn't scored that goal. Doesn't matter that it cost us 60Million quid.

Remind me again how far the player is supposed to be away from the free kick when it is taken then post again

We took a quick free kick to which the ref stopped. You then play to the whistle so Turner kicks it back to Mingolet and Torres run onto the ball. The reg had then turned around and seen Torres with the ball and blows his whistle to play on. Mmmmmm i'll admit Turner maybe at error but you play to the whistle.

Ten yards, which Fernando clearly was.

I've seen that video. And again you are missing the point that there are two things:

1) the rules for everyone
and
2) the rules for Manchester United.

That was 15 years ago and to be fair the referee was wrong in the Man Utd game, not this game.

Last edited:

I've seen that video. And again you are missing the point that there are two things:

and

That was 15 years ago and to be fair the referee was wrong in the Man Utd game, not this game.

think you need to watch again

The liverool fan was a bit paranoid about man u, but the only other time I have seen this is when gigs and Rooney took a corner pretending just to kick it to each other, they ran in and scored. The ref didn't allow that goal(can't remember who it was against)

No way did Turner believe he had took that free kick, and kiwi fella, it's all about opinions, but if bent had done that, how do you know how I'd feel!
As before, most footballers don't try and cheat like that, and the two occassions that it has happened play was brought back. And neither of those occassions was as blatent as turner NOT taking the free kick yesterday

The liverool fan was a bit paranoid about man u, but the only other time I have seen this is when gigs and Rooney took a corner pretending just to kick it to each other, they ran in and scored. The ref didn't allow that goal(can't remember who it was against)

No way did Turner believe he had took that free kick, and kiwi fella, it's all about opinions, but if bent had done that, how do you know how I'd feel!
As before, most footballers don't try and cheat like that, and the two occassions that it has happened play was brought back. And neither of those occassions was as blatent as turner NOT taking the free kick yesterday

The Man U goal was from a corner iirc.

Instead of going on about if it was correct( it wasn't) or incorrect, they should have talked about the real reason why situations like this haven't happened before.
Because it is bad sportsmanship, disgusting behaviour, akin to arsenal when they played sheff united in the cup, and nearly all proffessional footballers wouldn't try to claim an unfair advantage in this way by conning the ref.

+1
Torres cheated and should be slated in the press imo...fuck the idiot ref or linesman,... Turner done nowt wrong look at his body language ffs... i reckon none of his team mates or Bruce were pointing the finger at him at half time either and that says it all really ...instead i imagine there was cries of "lets show this cheating twat" and showed great character ..

and

two differences in our game the ball was dead and then turner kicked it from the correct spot where as the other game the ball was moving and taken from the incorrect spot.

the other difference was one referee was looking the other wasn't.

and

10 yards is 30 feet :neutral:

It was fair game once Turner kicked the ball like that. I thought when i watched the replay he was passing it back to Mignolet who was walking towards it. I'll have to see it again sober.

and

Sorry but that is bollocks.
I've watched it again and used the pitch markings as a guide, he is a maximum of 8 yards away.

Sorry but that is bollocks.
I've watched it again and used the pitch markings as a guide, he is a maximum of 8 yards away.

I used Google Earth and he was 10.405 Yards away.

It doesn't matter if he was 20 yards away Torres and Kuyt would have done the same thing with the same result.

I used Google Earth and he was 10.405 Yards away.

It doesn't matter if he was 20 yards away Torres and Kuyt would have done the same thing with the same result.

You are right it doesn't matter if he was 20 yards away, but it does matter if he is less than ten yards away.

The liverpool players need to have a look at themselves. Everyone in the ground knew what Turner was doing. Back healing the ball a couple of meters back after he had previously been pulled up for taking the kick from too far forward doesn't constitute a pass to a keeper who is 40 meters away.

And what would be the point of passing it to the keeper anyway when (as indented) he could have just taken the free kick himself.

Torres knew that turner wasn't taking the free kick, and you think the ref making a mistake i.e. waving play on vindicates him?

They knew the score but did it regardless, totally unsporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back