“Piss taking party stops here”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Hill - Head of Football Operations , previous club: Eastleigh

Paul Reid - Head of Academy, previous club: Eastleigh.

f***ing Eastleigh man and now they're running things at SAFC whose first team is mid-table in League One and U23s and U18s bottom of their respective leagues. Are our owners taking the piss?
I don't even know where Eastleigh is ffs

f***ing Eastleigh man and now they're running things at SAFC whose first team is mid-table in League One and U23s and U18s bottom of their respective leagues. Are our owners taking the piss?
Think the answer to that is YES when they sack an incompetent manager and then replace him with worse.

I read it mate. So, paying someone from non-League to do a job in League One is ok because he wants to come? Yet, paying players wages as agreed when they were playing at a higher level and want to stay is bad practice?

That's not what I said is it?

The pisstake party was signing players like Koné and Djilibodji who didn't want to come, and paying them the sort of wage that meant we'd find it difficult to unload them afterwards because nobody else would give them anywhere near what they were on at Sunderland.

Putting an end to the pisstake party meant signing players like Luke O'Nien who would jump through hoops to play for a club like ours.

Sounds like you didn't understand what he meant when he said "the pisstake party stops here".

He was talking about players being paid more than they were worth to get them here when they didn't have any desire at all to play for Sunderland in the first place.

Bizarrely that's pretty much what a lot of people are now advocating we should have done when hiring our manager.
No one knows what the situation was, wages asked for/ offered to the so called short list of 5. All I know is we hired the man who was fifth out of five in the opinion of about 90% of the supporters of SAFC. (And was probably the cheapest, on a two and a half year contract)

Only two people taking the piss now - Donald and Methven :evil:
Agreed.

So why would the yanks allow them to run the club?
No one knows what the situation was, wages asked for/ offered to the so called short list of 5. All I know is we hired the man who was fifth out of five in the opinion of about 90% of the supporters of SAFC. (And was probably the cheapest, on a two and a half year contract)

What. Like Grigg isn't just the same for example.

Last edited:
That's not what I said is it?

The pisstake party was signing players like Koné and Djilibodji who didn't want to come, and paying them the sort of wage that meant we'd find it difficult to unload them afterwards because nobody else would give them anywhere near what they were on at Sunderland.

Putting an end to the pisstake party meant signing players like Luke O'Nien who would jump through hoops to play for a club like ours.

Grigg. Wyke etc you mean. 🤣

I certainly think that a full review should have taken place after last seasons failure, and it was a failure. Ross was obviously looked at, given time, then sacked, I'd love to know if the same thing happen with Coton and Hill. After all recruitment was dreadful; case in point being loans, we should have been seen as a great place to send promising young players. We were likely to be on the front foot quite often, get them used to playing in front of a big crowd with big expectations etc. Instead, whilst Charlton and Coventry were getting lads who you could argue should be in the team of the year, we got a load of players almost none of whom were even guaranteed starters, and two of which were completely pointless.

We've then got arguably weaker this season. Ross had to go but he can legitimately feel like he wasn't well supported by the recruitment side. They can't use the excuse of not having money because they equally keep going on about how very few spend anything here and how we still outspend them. So us having so little threat and looking so poor against even the most mediocre of sides should be leading to serious questions being asked. If I was an American billionaire I wouldn't be letting these blokes spend a penny of my cash

I certainly think that a full review should have taken place after last seasons failure, and it was a failure. Ross was obviously looked at, given time, then sacked, I'd love to know if the same thing happen with Coton and Hill. After all recruitment was dreadful; case in point being loans, we should have been seen as a great place to send promising young players. We were likely to be on the front foot quite often, get them used to playing in front of a big crowd with big expectations etc. Instead, whilst Charlton and Coventry were getting lads who you could argue should be in the team of the year, we got a load of players almost none of whom were even guaranteed starters, and two of which were completely pointless.

We've then got arguably weaker this season. Ross had to go but he can legitimately feel like he wasn't well supported by the recruitment side. They can't use the excuse of not having money because they equally keep going on about how very few spend anything here and how we still outspend them. So us having so little threat and looking so poor against even the most mediocre of sides should be leading to serious questions being asked. If I was an American billionaire I wouldn't be letting these blokes spend a penny of my cash

Hill and Coton should be toast. Donald should sack himself and find someone better qualified to look after his interests, fully concur re the yanks. If we have money (their money) to spend in January it will be wasted on garbage. Aye Coventry looked like Barca v us at the SOL last season, actual skill and pace. We look like we are playing a completely different sport, shiteball maybe.

Thing is gg i had this out with kildare charlie ,Coton hasnt watched grigg in the flesh before we lobbed 3/4 mil over.KMwas going on about griggs stats and i was his worst nightmare as through family living there id watched him loads.I was telling everyone we shouldnt sign him,christ vaughan was keeping him out at one point.So we cant waste the yanks money ,coton and hill out

His "speed-dating" with Premier League clubs for their loan players went well then then eh?
We ended-up with a left-back who only played 8 games for Leeds

I think it's looking more like this was only ever meant to be for one season. They thought we would go straight back up and then they would move on, when the club was bought as a more attractive, Championship club. Don't think they planned for a second season in the wilderness.

Was always the case. Their major fault was the manager they employed.

All of our scouting and recruitment team should be paraded through the streets and tarred and feathered. Our age teams are getting pumped every week anarl it’s just total incompetence from top to bottom.

Probably not helped because Ross Just can’t have had a strong vision of how he wanted his team to play. I presume it wasn’t this high press we were told about when he came as we constantly played/signed ponderous players with no pace or energy. There is just no clear strategy whatsoever. It looks so incompetent from the outside it’s untrue

That's unfair on Hill. He has PL experience working with such managers like Brian Little and John Gregory. Has international experience working in such countries as Kazakhstan and Ethiopia. Has has managerial experience with Eastleigh, Margate and Whitehawk. :lol:

What he said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back