“If the performance was poor from minute one, I’d have accepted that as a potential criticism, but we were at it on Saturday."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simply posting his quotes and asking if people think it's a fair assessment. Ross seems easily pleased to me of that was us 'at it'.

Was it acceptable to you?
No but I haven't spent every second of the day ramming it down people's throats on here. You're barely on when we win and as soon as we lose no one can get a word in due to you spouting off negatives all over the place.

No but I haven't spent every second of the day ramming it down people's throats on here. You're barely on when we win and as soon as we lose no one can get a word in due to you spouting off negatives all over the place.
I've barely posted last 2 days. Try again.

He just doesn’t value chance creation. I get the impression that his perfect performance is one with virtually no chances at either end but with Safc taking one or two of theirs. He seems to want to stifle the game totally and rely on clinical finishing. Whilst looking for clinical finishing is good - surely to god it’s better if the team combines that with creating a shitload of chances??!!

What interesting interview, he seems to want to move on

“It’s the same as everyone I’ve lost here and we haven’t lost many,” he said.
“In fairness, we’ve lost with poorer performances.
“It’s not a reality check for us because there’s no way in the world we were carried away or approached this game with (any complacency).
“If the performance was poor from minute one, I’d have accepted that as a potential criticism, but we were at it on Saturday.
“We felt good coming into the game, the performance in the early part of the game was good. Sometimes you have days where it hinges on key moments and that’s what happened.
“Peterborough deserved to win the game, they’ve recorded a good result, and we move on.”

Ross ^

Every time we get beat he’s covering himself in the media. Obviously fair enough because it’s not going to go down well if he slags the players off in the press. Sometimes better not to say anything though because he looks like abit of a clown, lost count of the amount of games that we’ve ‘dominated’ without actually threatening. First game of the season (I know we drew) he was going on about cross frequency ffs.

Normally the key moment in the game is the opposition blowing a chance because they don’t have the quality to put us away. It was different on Saturday because of the quality of the Peterborough attack. I can’t believe we are in this position where we are simply hoping the other team is too shit to beat us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair or absolute nonsense? Strange to be 'at it' and have 1 shot on target.

"sometimes you have days where it hinges on key moments and that’s what happened"
Seems like a weekly occurrence him coming out in the press and talking nonsense. Can’t stand the bloke.

1 shot on target suggests we werent exactly at it.

Someone was complaining the other day that the shots on target is the main stat we should look at when deciding if we've played well. It's a load of tosh. We were dreadful in the second half at the weekend, but easily matched them in the first. Sometimes chances are created but not converted into a shot on target - a cross into the 6 yard box which the striker can't quite get onto the end of for example. Equally, shots from distance straight into the 'keeper's arms would count as a shot on target. At the end of the day we all watch the match and have different opinions on it, but only using one fairly contrived statistic to hammer the management seems a tad over the top.

I'm also not sure what people would expect Ross to say either tbh - if he slated the players he'd be hammered by folk. I'm not convinced he's the best man for the job, but some people go way over the top.

Someone was complaining the other day that the shots on target is the main stat we should look at when deciding if we've played well. It's a load of tosh. We were dreadful in the second half at the weekend, but easily matched them in the first. Sometimes chances are created but not converted into a shot on target - a cross into the 6 yard box which the striker can't quite get onto the end of for example. Equally, shots from distance straight into the 'keeper's arms would count as a shot on target. At the end of the day we all watch the match and have different opinions on it, but only using one fairly contrived statistic to hammer the management seems a tad over the top.

I'm also not sure what people would expect Ross to say either tbh - if he slated the players he'd be hammered by folk. I'm not convinced he's the best man for the job, but some people go way over the top.
When do we ever create chances anyway? Regardless of whether it comes to a shot or not?

It was a pretty even game up until the first goal. We were poor but so were they. 3-0 massively flattered them on the day and Maddison was the difference. Completely unacceptable performance after the first went in.

He just doesn’t value chance creation. I get the impression that his perfect performance is one with virtually no chances at either but with Safc taking one or two of theirs. He seems to want to stifle the game totally and rely on clinical finishing. Whilst looking for clinical finishing is good - surely to god it’s better if the team combines that with creating a shitload of chances??!!
I'm sure something was said just before he came here about how he encouraged St Mirren to shoot at the earliest opportunity. Even against Wimbledon in the first half, despite all of our possession the only chance we had came from a mistake their centre back made. Fortunately we scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back