“Be like Captain Tom”

Proper wrong uns like her don’t realise they’re doing anything wrong.
Nail on the head there.

These people have such a developed sense of entitlement they can't understand how on earth those who donated the money could possibly object .If they hold a senior position in a charity and that charity is successful at raising money they don't see that as being as result of a lot of people's generosity they see it as being as a direct result of their personal efforts & skills for which they should be handsomely rewarded.

Last edited:

That sort of statement does wonders for genuine and particularly smaller charities I'm sure. Given that this documentary is supposed to be about the Captain Tom Foundation and his daughter's actions the lads quoted should keep to focusing on those subjects, unless they have good evidence of wider issues in the charity sector.

Speaking as someone who works in the charity sector, that woman should probably never have been allowed control of a charity beyond holding a bucket.

Watched it last night, 90 minutes I'll never get back.

Seems the only "provable" wrongdoing was breaking planning laws, even the charities commisioner said they had done nowt legally wrong re: donated money.

Seems the only "provable" wrongdoing was breaking planning laws, even the charities commisioner said they had done nowt legally wrong re: donated money.
Sometimes it's just not about what you can legally prove. Maybe we should be looking at the morality?

Sometimes it's just not about what you can legally prove. Maybe we should be looking at the morality?

I'm just refering to the programme I saw last night, where I, like many others no doubt, was expecting to see mismanagement of funds exposed, as alledged across social media, whereas in reality, no such mismanagement exists.

They have only completed an "original review" and their investigation is still ongoing

I'm just refering to the programme I saw last night, where I, like many others no doubt, was expecting to see mismanagement of funds exposed, as alledged across social media, whereas in reality, no such mismanagement exists.

was obvious to me there was a rabbit away from the beginning

I think people including me bought his book thinking the money would go to the charity and not line her and the husband's pocket. That pisses me off the most.
Never entertained the book so didnt really know much about the proceeds but it would stick in the throat if I realised then income would build and illegal sex pond for the daughter and family

Keeping the profits from the books is admitted wrongdoing. He may or may not have wanted them to keep the money (no way for him to correct his daughter now). But making money from books most people would reasonably think were charitable endeavours is immoral even if it isn't illegal.

I think people including me bought his book thinking the money would go to the charity and not line her and the husband's pocket. That pisses me off the most.
That would be a reasonable assumption when the foreword says "Astonishingly at my age, with the offer to write this memoir I have also been given the chance to raise even more money for the charitable foundation now established in my name."

Keeping the profits from the books is admitted wrongdoing. He may or may not have wanted them to keep the money (no way for him to correct his daughter now). But making money from books most people would reasonably think were charitable endeavours is immoral even if it isn't illegal.

That would be a reasonable assumption when the foreword says "Astonishingly at my age, with the offer to write this memoir I have also been given the chance to raise even more money for the charitable foundation now established in my name."
exactly, its in black and white, in his own words, she is bang to rights.

Back