‘Club running the stadium off a generator’

Is this still a problem? At the last home game I saw something set up in the car park with cables running into the stadium. Assumed it would have been fixed by now

I thought they’d knackered the cables coming into the stadium while building the new bridge. I just thought that would have been sorted by now
Depends how much work has to be done to repair the cable, may not have been a quick hole and rejoin, may have had to replace a whole stretch so expands the job massively. Not sure anyone has an idea where the fault was just been guesses so far

It doesn't really work as a metaphor tbf- surely running a huge diesel generator is more expensive than just being hooked up to the mains (I'm sure people on here are imagining a little Briggs and Stratton thing from a burger van.)

I was involved in a job a while back where the contractor cut through Major electrical cables which weren’t where they should be on the map. Wasn’t cheap or quick to put right and obviously where there is blame.

I know a few of us have been quick to criticise the club, rightly in most cases recently, but shouldn’t on this occasion imho.

Is this still a problem? At the last home game I saw something set up in the car park with cables running into the stadium. Assumed it would have been fixed by now
Think so. Probably realised it’s cheaper than getting the issue fixed and running off the mains. I’d suggest the club should decorate it but it’d just end up B&W

Back