£91,184 phone bill....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should be made to pay it all back, he got a bill saying he owed £19,333.63, and he still went on, they barred his sim card, so he went and got another from a shop, saying he had lost his sim, no sympathy for him what so ever

Should be made to pay it all back, he got a bill saying he owed £19,333.63, and he still went on, they barred his sim card, so he went and got another from a shop, saying he had lost his sim, no sympathy for him what so ever

Agreed.

Correct. What a complete and utter fool.

Oooh, where to start with this one!

“You ring up and there's all these options, they ask your name and sympathise with you” - that’s what the Samaritans are for pet. Their number is free of charge and they’ll listen to you all night if needs be. The call operator won’t talk dirty but they will listen to you and they won’t judge.

‘Mr Waldrum said that he felt able to speak to the girls about his heartache and that he had a special bond with one girl, ‘Hannah’ who he spoke to on a regular basis’ - sorry to break it to you but you’re just one in a line of hundreds of calls she takes in a week, and she says she’ll do the same thing with every caller. I know you’re lonely and desperate but the call rate stated on the advert should have been some indication that these calls were very expensive from landlines and extremely expensive from mobiles.

‘Despite an initial bill of £19,333.63 from his phone provider Vodafone, Mr Waldrum continued to make regular calls to the chat line. He says he felt unable to stop: “I was back calling them pretty much right away. They used to warn you when a call was coming to the end of the 20 minutes you were allowed, and then I'd just phone straight back.” These calls resulted in a second bill of £71,850.67, which prompted Mr Waldrum to complain to Vodafone. “The Vodafone need shutting down because they're ripping people off left, right and centre. I'm not putting all the blame on them but not even multi-millionaires would want to spend this much on a phone bill, surely, so why I have been allowed to go up to £91,000. I admit I rang these numbers and it's partly my own fault but the line should have gone dead before I started to incur such high charges. They must be taking millions from poor people like me.’ - that’s not really how it is and we all know it. You phoned a premium rate telephone line for company and dirty talk. They’re not making millions out of you. You, however, are taking the piss if that is genuinely how you view the situation. And multi-millionaires generally have people to carry out that kind of service in person.

‘Mr Waldrum says the stress of the bill forced him to visit his doctor, who put him on medication to control his stress. He now takes Diazepam for his anxiety and Nitrazepam to help him sleep’ - have a wank, that’ll help you go to sleep.

“Every time I see a Vodafone shop I start to feel physically sick and get a migraine and it makes me shake” - if any part of that statement is true, at worst it’s a headache. A migraine is a completely different kind of headache and once you’ve had one you know it’s not just a headache. Describing a headache as a migraine is quite pathetic and a desperate cry for sympathy. You may have a rush of blood to the head because of what's happened but don't try to milk it. It's a headache. Drink some water and take some paracetamol.

‘Vodafone argue that they barred Mr Waldrum’s mobile phone for high charges but he ordered a replacement SIM from a shop to allow him to carry on calling the premium lines.’ -what more could they do at that point? They tried to block the phone but you deliberately went against their attempts to stop you running up higher bills by lying to Vodafone store staff in obtaining another SIM card.

'Vodafone argue that they barred Mr Waldrum’s mobile phone for high charges but he ordered a replacement SIM from a shop to allow him to carry on calling the premium lines. However Vodafone admitted they had missed an opportunity to alert Mr Waldrum to the higher costs at an earlier stage and following an investigation Vodafone has cut his bill to £29,083. A spokesman for Vodafone said: “By his own admission, Mr Waldrum made calls to premium rate adult entertainment services more or less continuously over a period of two months until we suspended the services on October 21 when the total debt was £91,000. We had previously barred a phone used by Mr Waldrum on September 11 for high usage but he got round this by requesting a replacement SIM card from a retail store, saying he had lost the original. He was then able to continue to build up debt. We cannot manage our customers' spending for them, but we will try to alert them to it if we are aware of an unusual high spending pattern. Looking back at the records, we can see that we could have alerted Mr Waldrum on September 18. It can sometimes take several days for billing to register on our system, and by this time, his extreme use of premium rate services meant his bill was already £29,083.Since we missed the opportunity to alert him at this stage, we will waive the charges of around £61,000 incurred after this point as a gesture of goodwill. Mr Waldrum remains liable for charges of £29,083.” Kevin has said he will continue to fight against being held liable for the remaining amount - calling the offer 'rubbish'. He said: “They should drop the whole lot. They have to think about my health.” - I don’t think so, wanky Kev! You admitted you were responsible for running up phone bills through calling premium rate chat lines and you also admitted that you deceived Vodafone staff when you obtained another SIM card. There’s only so much the world can do to carry you but at some point you have to take responsibility for your actions, and in this case it’s to a) stop phoning wank-lines and b) pay your fecking phone bill!

Oooh, where to start with this one!

“You ring up and there's all these options, they ask your name and sympathise with you” - that’s what the Samaritans are for pet. Their number is free of charge and they’ll listen to you all night if needs be. The call operator won’t talk dirty but they will listen to you and they won’t judge.

‘Mr Waldrum said that he felt able to speak to the girls about his heartache and that he had a special bond with one girl, ‘Hannah’ who he spoke to on a regular basis’ - sorry to break it to you but you’re just one in a line of hundreds of calls she takes in a week, and she says she’ll do the same thing with every caller. I know you’re lonely and desperate but the call rate stated on the advert should have been some indication that these calls were very expensive from landlines and extremely expensive from mobiles.

‘Despite an initial bill of £19,333.63 from his phone provider Vodafone, Mr Waldrum continued to make regular calls to the chat line. He says he felt unable to stop: “I was back calling them pretty much right away. They used to warn you when a call was coming to the end of the 20 minutes you were allowed, and then I'd just phone straight back.” These calls resulted in a second bill of £71,850.67, which prompted Mr Waldrum to complain to Vodafone. “The Vodafone need shutting down because they're ripping people off left, right and centre. I'm not putting all the blame on them but not even multi-millionaires would want to spend this much on a phone bill, surely, so why I have been allowed to go up to £91,000. I admit I rang these numbers and it's partly my own fault but the line should have gone dead before I started to incur such high charges. They must be taking millions from poor people like me.’ - that’s not really how it is and we all know it. You phoned a premium rate telephone line for company and dirty talk. They’re not making millions out of you. You, however, are taking the piss if that is genuinely how you view the situation. And multi-millionaires generally have people to carry out that kind of service in person.

‘Mr Waldrum says the stress of the bill forced him to visit his doctor, who put him on medication to control his stress. He now takes Diazepam for his anxiety and Nitrazepam to help him sleep’ - have a wank, that’ll help you go to sleep.

“Every time I see a Vodafone shop I start to feel physically sick and get a migraine and it makes me shake” - if any part of that statement is true, at worst it’s a headache. A migraine is a completely different kind of headache and once you’ve had one you know it’s not just a headache. Describing a headache as a migraine is quite pathetic and a desperate cry for sympathy. You may have a rush of blood to the head because of what's happened but don't try to milk it. It's a headache. Drink some water and take some paracetamol.

‘Vodafone argue that they barred Mr Waldrum’s mobile phone for high charges but he ordered a replacement SIM from a shop to allow him to carry on calling the premium lines.’ -what more could they do at that point? They tried to block the phone but you deliberately went against their attempts to stop you running up higher bills by lying to Vodafone store staff in obtaining another SIM card.

'Vodafone argue that they barred Mr Waldrum’s mobile phone for high charges but he ordered a replacement SIM from a shop to allow him to carry on calling the premium lines. However Vodafone admitted they had missed an opportunity to alert Mr Waldrum to the higher costs at an earlier stage and following an investigation Vodafone has cut his bill to £29,083. A spokesman for Vodafone said: “By his own admission, Mr Waldrum made calls to premium rate adult entertainment services more or less continuously over a period of two months until we suspended the services on October 21 when the total debt was £91,000. We had previously barred a phone used by Mr Waldrum on September 11 for high usage but he got round this by requesting a replacement SIM card from a retail store, saying he had lost the original. He was then able to continue to build up debt. We cannot manage our customers' spending for them, but we will try to alert them to it if we are aware of an unusual high spending pattern. Looking back at the records, we can see that we could have alerted Mr Waldrum on September 18. It can sometimes take several days for billing to register on our system, and by this time, his extreme use of premium rate services meant his bill was already £29,083.Since we missed the opportunity to alert him at this stage, we will waive the charges of around £61,000 incurred after this point as a gesture of goodwill. Mr Waldrum remains liable for charges of £29,083.” Kevin has said he will continue to fight against being held liable for the remaining amount - calling the offer 'rubbish'. He said: “They should drop the whole lot. They have to think about my health.” - I don’t think so, wanky Kev! You admitted you were responsible for running up phone bills through calling premium rate chat lines and you also admitted that you deceived Vodafone staff when you obtained another SIM card. There’s only so much the world can do to carry you but at some point you have to take responsibility for your actions, and in this case it’s to a) stop phoning wank-lines and b) pay your fecking phone bill!

Bloody hell hinny you didn't type all that did you :eek:

Bloody hell hinny you didn't type all that did you :eek:

Typed the bits in bold, copied and pasted the bits in italics. Some articles get my goat so much that I feel obliged to take them down piece by piece. :)

I feel like a whole new woman now! ;)

pathetic tit, they should waive the whole lot cause i'm a moron. Get away to fuck you dole waller.

Why would vodafone offer a moron £90k of credit? Their stupidity should be awarded accordingly. The moron will just go bankrupt anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back