£91,184 phone bill....

Status
Not open for further replies.

‘Every time I see a Vodafone shop I start to feel physically sick and get a migraine and it makes me shake.'

Textbook chancerism, they all say shite like this and it always makes them sound stupid.

them poor lasses on the tele are the ones gogin short because of this idiot..

I know they are struggling as it is as most of them can't even afford many clothes

Vodafone have made a big PR mistake IMO.

They might be thinking 'It's made the news, if we don't give him a concession we'll look bad'.

What they'll have achieved will be thousands of customers thinking 'Hang on, why's he getting 66% off his bill for being an arsehole?'

He got himself into this mess, he should get himself out of it. Effectively, other Vodafone customers are paying for his calls.

And according to the article the calls were made between September and November!

So that means he spent nearly every waking hour on them, sad fucker. I don't know how he found time to post on here too!

"Vodafone has cut total bill of £91,184 to £29,083 in 'goodwill'"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's probably their cost price. The thing is though, although the customer is clearly an idiot, they've acted negligently in allowing such a high level of credit to someone like him. Surely everyone should be limited to a semsible amount unless you request more (upon which further checks would be done). Maybe £500 per month would be sensible, that's still a hugh amount for a phone bill.

Vodafone have made a big PR mistake IMO.

They might be thinking 'It's made the news, if we don't give him a concession we'll look bad'.

What they'll have achieved will be thousands of customers thinking 'Hang on, why's he getting 66% off his bill for being an arsehole?'

He got himself into this mess, he should get himself out of it. Effectively, other Vodafone customers are paying for his calls.

This. I can understand sometimes giving some sort of credit for "goodwill" (like if someone is a bit daft and doesn't realise that a text message of 200 characters sent when abroad will be billed as 2 messages (that could end up racking up a bit if you text a bit whilst away), its not much of a discount to give and if someones been a loyal customer you just do it and make a note on their account that its been done (so they can't claim ignorance again next time they're abroad).

In this case, however, the bloke is just a wanker (literally). He got one bill for 19k, did that not make him think "hang on, I'd better not do this". They even tried to block his SIM and he just got another one. He knew what he was doing and he knew how much it cost and tbh I couldn't give a fuck about his "headaches" and such likes. If he gets a full refund then I want a full refund for every penny I've ever spent on my mobile, why should he effectively get 90k or so just for being a cock?

This. I can understand sometimes giving some sort of credit for "goodwill" (like if someone is a bit daft and doesn't realise that a text message of 200 characters sent when abroad will be billed as 2 messages (that could end up racking up a bit if you text a bit whilst away), its not much of a discount to give and if someones been a loyal customer you just do it and make a note on their account that its been done (so they can't claim ignorance again next time they're abroad).

In this case, however, the bloke is just a wanker (literally). He got one bill for 19k, did that not make him think "hang on, I'd better not do this". They even tried to block his SIM and he just got another one. He knew what he was doing and he knew how much it cost and tbh I couldn't give a fuck about his "headaches" and such likes. If he gets a full refund then I want a full refund for every penny I've ever spent on my mobile, why should he effectively get 90k or so just for being a cock?

I agree, they both deserve to lose out, looks like they will. They'll have paid this premium rate company quite a large cut of the call cost, I can't seem them wanting to take a £25k hit on their profits due to the actions of a moron, not without taking him to court/bankrupting him first.

I'm going to try that as well!

I doubt my provider, Orange, will cave in, but hey - shy bairns get nee milk.

i'm with Orange as well which is a shame, Vodafone customers would have a field day if he got a full refund "hi Vodafone, since that daft bastard who knew what the phone calls costed but phoned them anyway got a refund, can I get one as well since I know how much phone calls cost and make them as well?". Their customers would at least be right to expect 90k of free wank line credit from their phone provider ;)

On my tariff, the discount Vodafone have offered him would be enough to cover me for the next 304 years. No point in being greedy, I don't want that much. I think i'll just ask them for free usage for the next 50 years.

£1,000 a day on phone calls? f***ing hell, for that much, he could afforded for "Hannah" to have done a home visit every day instead. And probably enough for her to bring her sister along too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back