£49 Television gadgets .

Anything allowing you to watch premium subscription channels without paying for them are going to be a bit touch and go.

In experience they'll work ok for a little bit but they are constantly being fought against so the services they connect to tend to disappear after a while.

Also they are never 100% great because, even when working properly, they are streaming the video off a peer to peer connection, which is nowhere near as smooth as streaming from a proper server (like the legit services use)

If you feel the need for accessing these sort of services (which for obvious reasons I would not condone or recommend), perhaps just buy a standard Firestick, then use Google and a VPN to find and install the latest reliable apps onto it with (where applicable) the latest Addons for those apps, then every two to three months, do another Google and swap them out for the latest apps and addons again, keep constantly ahead of it.
Disagree with the underlined bit. We have a firestick setup in the back room and that's our only source and it's absolutely spot on. No need to have an aerial attached or anything.

Last edited:

I completely understand people getting them the price to watch them legit is absolutely ridiculous. However, every time I go to a mates house for a big game or fight it inevitably crashes. To which they always say “ah it never happens this, honestly” every single time 😅
Bet that's why Anthony Joshua wanted to get the fight over the other night . "Better do it quick "said the ref ,"Bloody Firesticks will be buffering soon" !🤣🤣🤣👏👏

Most people's issue is simply their wifi. Netflix etc has quite good apps that adjust the quality if the connection speed drops, these other apps tend not to. To be fair Netflix is the best, I found Disney+ to be ok, but no where near as good, iPlayer is by far the worst.

This is why I bought a ethernet adapter for my Fire Sticks and have gigabit (overkill I know) going to each one. That basically resolved any issue I had on any streaming service.

Doesnt the freezing normally happen on PPV events? Such as the boxing etc as there isnt many streams to watch it on so everyone tries jumping on the same stream which causes it to freeze?

Premier League matches are fine as there is multiple different streams in multiple different language therefor the traffic isnt all on 1 or 2 streams

Phones have to be put away for the Sunderland games like.
watching the world cup 18 months ago when one of the england games was on during the day, put it on a big screen in the office via iplayer... think it was the iran game when england scored 6, one of the lads kept popping his head up over his desk to tell us there was a goal in the next minute or two... tw*t...

watching the world cup 18 months ago when one of the england games was on during the day, put it on a big screen in the office via iplayer... think it was the iran game when england scored 6, one of the lads kept popping his head up over his desk to tell us there was a goal in the next minute or two... tw*t...

Can remember being in a pub years ago watching an England on BBC through sky while the other Tele was watching in through council BBC. People genuinely couldn't see why we were twisting that if an incident happened we'd hear the oooh three seconds before it appeared on our Tele. Took us about five minutes to convince them that they had to turn one of the Teles over so it matched the other ffs

Can remember being in a pub years ago watching an England on BBC through sky while the other Tele was watching in through council BBC. People genuinely couldn't see why we were twisting that if an incident happened we'd hear the oooh three seconds before it appeared on our Tele. Took us about five minutes to convince them that they had to turn one of the Teles over so it matched the other ffs
i remember that back 2010 when HD was becoming a thing over the old skool analogue aerial... we got a new HD TV for the world cup that summer, watching the england v germany game we heard a massive roar from the house opposite and then 2-3 seconds later lampard scored a cracker of a long range goal... or not!

We had the same thing in a big office I used to work at.
FM radio one end of the office, DAB playing the same station the other end with a second or two of delay. Drove me mad.
I used to go in early just so I could switch one of them over so they matched up.

Last edited:
when we played leicester at their place i didn't go but the mrs did. i was watching it on the stick, we got a free kick on the edge of the box in injury time. pritchard was lining it up for a possible equaliser when my 'phone went with the mrs walking back to the car after telling me we'd got beat.

Back