£49 Television gadgets .

Guarantees access to all tv channels etc .. Does anybody know anything about them ? We have something similar and it's great if you want to watch a little blue wheel going round and round .

Guarantees access to all tv channels etc .. Does anybody know anything about them ? We have something similar and it's great if you want to watch a little blue wheel going round and round .
Anything allowing you to watch premium subscription channels without paying for them are going to be a bit touch and go.

In experience they'll work ok for a little bit but they are constantly being fought against so the services they connect to tend to disappear after a while.

Also they are never 100% great because, even when working properly, they are streaming the video off a peer to peer connection, which is nowhere near as smooth as streaming from a proper server (like the legit services use)

If you feel the need for accessing these sort of services (which for obvious reasons I would not condone or recommend), perhaps just buy a standard Firestick, then use Google and a VPN to find and install the latest reliable apps onto it with (where applicable) the latest Addons for those apps, then every two to three months, do another Google and swap them out for the latest apps and addons again, keep constantly ahead of it.

I completely understand people getting them the price to watch them legit is absolutely ridiculous. However, every time I go to a mates house for a big game or fight it inevitably crashes. To which they always say “ah it never happens this, honestly” every single time 😅
The providers will always say it's not their fault it's your set up at home.

Mine hangs sometimes but I have really shit internet. But Netflix will run fine when the stick isn't. But for £50 I'm happy enough rather than pay Sky £100+ a month.

Mine hangs sometimes but I have really shit internet. But Netflix will run fine when the stick isn't. But for £50 I'm happy enough rather than pay Sky £100+ a month.
I think my problem is signal strength related as the device we have works fine in Spain .

Just so many things to go wrong, £40 firestick hidden behind a TV miles away from the router, could be shite interrupted WiFi or just the firestick itself having a wobble (it is android at the end of the day). Could be the shite router you got supplied by sky/virgin etc, lots of traffic within your house like xboxs etc. Then there's just the slow internet speeds and internet traffic in general as millions will be watching the same stream. From the suppliers side you've also got a lot to go wrong, your link to their site, their link to the actual link suppliers. Can't compare to multibillion netflix as that's vod which actually runs on their servers and all you do is stream it, you need a fraction of the speed and latency for netflix to work so stupid comparison really. I would always use a decent device wired to a decent router with regular reboots before I point the finger at the supplier like, very rarely are they completely down, just use another link. There are some shite suppliers like, anything advertised on Facebook should be a red flag.

I completely understand people getting them the price to watch them legit is absolutely ridiculous. However, every time I go to a mates house for a big game or fight it inevitably crashes. To which they always say “ah it never happens this, honestly” every single time 😅
They’re f***ing it up to get you out the house! 😉

Been on both sides, it's not fun especially when you're pissed f***ing about with wires, it could have been spot on all week or even all through the boxing card and the Main event shits itself. Then when you are at someone elses and it does it's on them🤣. That's why we buy it in properly especially as the dodgy ones are usually behind

Last edited:
Just so many things to go wrong, £40 firestick hidden behind a TV miles away from the router, could be shite interrupted WiFi or just the firestick itself having a wobble (it is android at the end of the day). Could be the shite router you got supplied by sky/virgin etc, lots of traffic within your house like xboxs etc. Then there's just the slow internet speeds and internet traffic in general as millions will be watching the same stream. From the suppliers side you've also got a lot to go wrong, your link to their site, their link to the actual link suppliers. Can't compare to multibillion netflix as that's vod which actually runs on their servers and all you do is stream it, you need a fraction of the speed and latency for netflix to work so stupid comparison really. I would always use a decent device wired to a decent router with regular reboots before I point the finger at the supplier like, very rarely are they completely down, just use another link. There are some shite suppliers like, anything advertised on Facebook should be a red flag.

Fact is I get at best 21Mbps down so will always run in to issues especially if both kids are streaming too.
The newer Firesticks work way better these days and I saw a massive improvement once I upgraded. Plus you also need to make sure you are killing unused apps in the background. For the most part mine runs well. Videos always and live I might have a problem about 5-10% of the time. More than acceptable for me. I've got a good supplier afaik.

Fact is I get at best 21Mbps down so will always run in to issues especially if both kids are streaming too.
The newer Firesticks work way better these days and I saw a massive improvement once I upgraded. Plus you also need to make sure you are killing unused apps in the background. For the most part mine runs well. Videos always and live I might have a problem about 5-10% of the time. More than acceptable for me. I've got a good supplier afaik.
Yeah definitely, I have an app for my router which shows the traffic and on Friday night it peaked at 480mbps because I had the boxing on twice, 2 xboxs were downloading updates and we were on our phones, that's pretty much maxed my connection

Back